Move ZendCore to new Power 720

General discussion on Zend Core for IBM System i

Move ZendCore to new Power 720

Postby dburdette on Thu May 19, 2011 6:40 pm

We purchased a new Power 720 and moved over all our apps and php stuff from the old machine as is. When I attempt to run some of the PHP apps we developed (which are not very many) we get a message that says:
SQL connection failedRelational database XXXXXXXX not in relational database directory. SQLCODE=-950

Where the XXXXXXX is the serial number of the old system, which is no longer in the db directory. I can't seem to find where this old serial number is stored in the product. Can anyone direct me as to where I should look?

Thanks,

Don Burdette
dburdette

Re: Move ZendCore to new Power 720

Postby erich_hieden on Fri May 20, 2011 8:16 am

Hi Don,

I think you need to look for it again, as the database name is used in db2_connect. I'm rather sure that you have hardcoded it somewhere. Searching in multiple files can be accomplished in ZendStudio using RemoteSearch or in any good text editor (i.e. notepad++)

Regards
erich_hieden

Postby dburdette on Fri May 20, 2011 3:59 pm

I have tried just about everything for a systemname and no matter what I put in there it comes back with the old system serial number as being in error. I have tried the specific system serial number, *LOCAL, the ip address - to no good end. I assumed there must be somewhere within Zend where they are storing the name.

Right now I have:

$systemName = '*LOCAL';
dburdette

Postby erich_hieden on Fri May 20, 2011 4:40 pm

What function gives you the error? Where are you setting $systemName = '*LOCAL';?

Maybe you rely on ibm_db2.instance_name parameter. I don't know if this problem can originate from this but take a look at your php.ini (either directly or via ZendServer admin)
erich_hieden

Postby aseiden on Fri May 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Is it possible that your code has another db2_connect() somewhere, that still uses the old database name?

Alan
aseiden

Postby dburdette on Fri May 20, 2011 7:17 pm

I am only calling a single php file via the QP2SHELL pgm. I did as suggested and used the search utility to scan all the zend files for any reference to the old system name, but it did not find one.

CALL PGM(QP2SHELL) PARM('/usr/local/zend/Core/bin/php' '/www/zendcore/htdocs/IRS_Schema_2008.php')

Here is the beginning of the PHP code:

<?php
// connection data for DB2 database
$userName = 'XXXXXX';
$passWord = 'XXXXXX';
$systemName = 'S10A41CP';

// Attempt to connect to the I5
$dbh = db2_connect($systemName, $userName, $passWord, array("i5_lib"=>"MyLibName"));
if ($dbh == 0) {
// display connection error message on failure
echo "SQL connection failed";
echo db2_conn_errormsg() . "
\n";
die();
}
dburdette

Postby aseiden on Fri May 20, 2011 8:07 pm

OK. Also, make sure $systemName matches a database name found with WRKRDBDIRE.

Alan
aseiden

Postby dburdette on Fri May 20, 2011 9:01 pm

It does match the name in the WRKRDBDIRE. That's where it is baffling. Why and where is it coming up with the name of the old system?
dburdette

Postby erich_hieden on Mon May 23, 2011 9:23 am

Have you got ZendPlatform running. Way back I had a problem with the Platform cache, where it almost ignored changes I made to my scripts. I know it's a new machine and all, but that's the last thing I can think of. Sorry.
erich_hieden

Postby dburdette on Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm

No, I don't have Zend Platform running. I am in the process of trying to get ZendServer installed and moving the apps over to that to see if it makes a difference. I'll let you know how I progress.
dburdette

Next

Return to Zend Core for i5/OS