Proxy Error (Timeout?)

General discussion on Zend Core for IBM System i

Proxy Error (Timeout?)

Postby beosmunich on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello,

we have a php-script wich has a running-time of about 10 minutes. but after about 6 minutes we get an "Proxy Error".but the php-script does its work correctly and is also running after getting this error-message, so we think the apache-proxy-server who forwards the requests to the zend-core-apache-server exeeds the timeout.

what do we have to modify to increase this timeout(to run php-scripts >10min)?

sincerely yours
a j
beosmunich

Re: Proxy Error (Timeout?)

Postby erich_hieden on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:11 am

Hello a j

IMHO switch to ZendServer. There's no reserve-proxy anymore and it's also ways faster so you wouldn't have to wait for ten minutes. But be aware, that the browser probably stops waiting for a response after a while. That's why I think a user shouldn't have to wait for ten minutes for a script to finish.

Regards
erich_hieden

Postby aseiden on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:00 am

The script might be a good candidate for Zend Server Job Queue, where the long-running script can run in the background and your app can inform the user when it's done.
aseiden

Postby glee8045 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:04 pm

The script might be a good candidate for Zend Server Job Queue, where the long-running script can run in the background and your app can inform the user when it's done.

But we need the right code for the script to make it correctly and will go on what result we want.
glee8045

Return to Zend Core for i5/OS