I'm facing to improve the response time of multiple PHP requests at the same time.
Our goal is to respond less than 2 seconds. I know the performance tuning is dependent on various factors, so it' s very difficult.
Before tuning up at the beginning, Our environment is as follows:
- System i system feature code:7459
Available memory size:860MB
So, I did as follows:
- 1. separate the SQL job's pool(prestarted job QSQSRVR in QSYSWRK subsystem) from the shared pool to the
private pool(100MB/10 activity level)
2. separate the ZEND subsystem's pool(include PASE apache server jobs)from the shared pool to the private pool
(50MB/10 activity level)
3. use FRCA in i5/OS's apache server.
4. use db2_pconnect instead of db2_connect.
5. optimize our PHP code(this means the programming technique).
This is anything but our goal.
At last, I did as follows:
- 1. add 1GB memory.
2. increase SQL job's private pool up to 400MB.
3. increase ZEND subsystem's private pool up to 600MB.
But multiple requests occurred at the same time, their response time were increased up to over 5-10 seconds.
My question is how to decrease the response time on the multiple requests at the same time.
Are there anything else to solve this problem?