accessing /qntc

General discussion on Zend Core for IBM System i

accessing /qntc

Postby emcook on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Our native Apache server on our Iseries serves images from our Windows 2003 file server using a symbolic link.

.PHP request are redirected to the PASE Zendcore Apache server.

However with the Zendcore, when I try to do a file_exists() to the same symbolic link as above the file_exists() always returns false.

I have created a NOBODY user account in our Windows 2003 Active Directory. NOBODY has full control on the file shares.

Still no luck. Does anyone have any pointers for getting .PHP to walk the symbolic link.
emcook

Re: accessing /qntc

Postby aseiden on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:47 am

emcook,

In my experience, QNTC and the NOBODY user do not mix. The problem: NOBODY has no password, yet with QNTC, the passwords of the "i" and Windows must match. I even tried setting the Windows passwords to "none," purely as an experiment, but that didn't satisfy QNTC.

One idea I tried, which actually worked, but which I scrapped because it was too complicated: On our "i", I set up a regular IBM Apache web server instance (ILE Apache, not Zend Core) and gave it a ServerUserID of a user profile that matched a Windows user/password. Then I added a "proxy rewrite rule" to the Zend Core PASE Apache server so that Zend Core would actually pull image files through the ILE Apache server, thus utilizing the user profile denoted by ServerUserID rather than NOBODY. Convoluted? Yes!

In the end, I installed an FTP server on the image server and used PHP's curl extension to retrieve images via authenticated FTP. This approach provided more flexibility than QNTC. It was straightforward, without any complicated configurations. And the performance was quite good.

Alan Seiden
aseiden

Re: accessing /qntc

Postby strysd on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:00 am

Hello, I have similar problem with Zend Core for i5/OS 2.0 , QNTC and Windows 7 combination.
Recently, Windows XP was replaced with the Windows 7 .

I have interesting the proxy rewrite rules. I will become happy if you would show me example of the rules.

Thank You.
strysd

Return to Zend Core for i5/OS