Zend Studion Remote Debugging

General discussion on Zend Studio for IBM System i

Zend Studion Remote Debugging

Postby len8277 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello.

I have Server 6 for IBM and Studio 10. I work over a VPN and I am trying to get debug working over my VPN without success. My project is a remote project with all the PHP scripts located on the IBM i.

I have tried following some of the instructions found in the support site but without success. The message I keep getting is 'connection refused by host.....'

Thanks

Len
len8277

Re: Zend Studion Remote Debugging

Postby erich_hieden on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:43 am

Have you checked your IP (the IP you're using for the VPN) and the IPs allowed to debug on your IBM i?
erich_hieden

Postby alex7212 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 am

The IP address should be what is actually seen by Zend Server over the network, not what you get from ipconfig.
You can run netstat command on green screen, take option 3, locate the entry for telnet (port 23), the Remote Address would be what you need. Or, simply type "what is my ip" on Google.

Make sure that address is listed among Allowed Zend Studio Clients for Debugging in Zend Server admin page (under the Server Setup/Debugger).

Also, checking Enable Tunneling in PHP Server settings in Zend Studio might be helpful.

Finally, without claiming any experience debugging over VPN, in my particular case my PC sits behind the firewall. I was only able to get the debugger working after getting the firewall lifted. Apparently, the firewall spits out the IP addresses Zend Server is unable to penetrate when it needs to talk back to client host in debug mode.
alex7212

Postby chri9923 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:43 am

Before debugging on a server, when using remote PHP Script or PHP Web Page debugging, certain settings need to be configured to ensure that Zend Studio therefore you can contact the follow links.
chri9923

Return to Zend Studio for IBM i