Debug batch php-cli?

General discussion on Zend Studio for IBM System i

Debug batch php-cli?

Postby dan1474 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:09 am

We've just started using PHP and Zend Server to grab data from our db2 tables and use the information to issue calls to a web API, then update the records in the tables. Our first PHP script runs fine when called interactively in QP2TERM, but when I submit it to batch using QP2SHELL or QP2SHELL it seems to have problems.

It's not a parameter issue in the calling CL, they are all null terminated and the script seems to start okay, but all I can see in the job log for the BCI job are two SQ99999 messages:
First reason code 9 (Argument value not valid), then reason 10 (Function sequence error). The zend server php log just shows repetitions of:
[21-Aug-2015 16:17:25 America/Creston] var0
[21-Aug-2015 16:17:36 America/Creston] var0
[21-Aug-2015 16:19:09 America/Creston] var0
[21-Aug-2015 16:19:20 America/Creston] var0

I've managed to get remote debugging working in Zend Studio for scripts called interactively; is it possible to debug php-cli running in batch (similar to the way I can strsrvjob on an IBM i program)? I tried submitting the PHP to Qshell and rerouting stderr, but the job just ends without producing any log (where the PHP script should be looping); probably a syntax error in the call, but not one I can find!

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thank you!
dan1474

Re: Debug batch php-cli?

Postby scottgcampbell on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:24 pm

The

[21-Aug-2015 16:19:20 America/Creston] var0

is debug info coming from the compatibility wrapper (or i5Toolkit), don't remember where exactly but I took it out of my copy.

Can you post an example of how you are calling the script both interactively and in batch?

I've used the IBM system debugger (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzamq/rzamqmain.htm) on the calls but it takes a while sometimes because you can't guarantee which job will be processing each request, but if you connect with a specific user you can look to see if there are QSQSRVR jobs for that user and try to debug those.

Hope that helps
Scott
scottgcampbell

Return to Zend Studio for IBM i