5250 Bridge & MDT

General discussion on Zend Platform for IBM System i

5250 Bridge & MDT

Postby ahakhan67 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Am using the 5250 demo application (with some modifications) to web enable an RPG screen. The screen uses the CHANGE keyword on a number of fields. The problem that I am having is that the CHANGE indicator gets set even when the fields are not edited, I modified the program to call only setInputField($fieldId, $inputField) only for fields that have changed values, but still the CHANGE indicator gets set in RPG program.
Did some research and the IBM manual states that a bit called the Modified Data Tag (MDT) is set in the workstation function when a field is edited on the terminal so how can I debug to find out if this is going on? and more importantly does the 5250 Bridge API handle the MDT bit correctly.
ahakhan67

Re: 5250 Bridge & MDT

Postby rodflohr on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:45 pm

This is a known issue. The 5250 Bridge API updates all input fields, causing the Web Facing Server to see them as changed. Zend R&D is working on improvements to better handle this in a future release.

As a workaround, remove the CHANGE keywords from the display file, making note of which change indicators correspond to which changed fields. In the RPG program, just before the EXFMT, save the values of the input fields into work fields. After the EXFMT, compare the input values to the work fields. For any field that has changed, set the corresponding change indicator.
rodflohr
Zend Global Support

Return to Zend Platform for i5/OS