ZendCore and ZendServer CE Config Files

The place for general PHP questions and hints for PHP on IBM i
mgimblet

ZendCore and ZendServer CE Config Files

Post by mgimblet » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...we have both zendcore and zenderver ce running on an iSeries (6.1)...I've been able to run php scripts from zendserver using something like http;//xx.x.x.xx:10088/program.php without any problems...I'm really beginning to like php and would like to start trying to use it on our company's web sites but I'm having problems trying to get php to run without using the URL previously mentioned.

What I'd like to do is to be able to run php scripts from our secure web site (port 443) similar to www.domain.com/program.php...in other words, not having to use the port of 10088 if possible and to keep everything running (including the php scripts) running behind the secure site.

Is this possible? What changes do I need to make to the apache config file? Can I move the php scripts which are in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/ to a folder for our website? Any help/direction/links would be sincerely appreciated. I've been trying to find out a way to make this work for a long time without any success. Thanks.

chris_hird

Re: ZendCore and ZendServer CE Config Files

Post by chris_hird » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:01 pm

The problem as with many installations on the IBM i is that people use the Zend directories for mapping the websites. You should look at the Apache directives and set up a server with a Virtual Host. I have all my sites running under a single webserver which is not in the Zend directory structure and has multiple Virtual hosts running under it so a requests to the URL sets the correct mapping to the directories and files.

I have been publishing for many years how this should be done on my Blog, Search for Virtual Hosts and you will find lots of information. Or go to the Apache website and do the same..

Chris...
Shield Advanced Solutions Ltd
Home of JobQGenie and the Receiver Apply Program
http://www.shield.on.ca/Blog

mgimblet

Re: ZendCore and ZendServer CE Config Files

Post by mgimblet » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Ok...thanks Chris...I'll check out your blog as you suggested.