ZF2 on WAMP

For programming and general questions on Zend Framework

ZF2 on WAMP

Postby nareh on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 am

Hello all. Can you please help me? I need to install ZF2 on wamp server, but i don't know how.
nareh

Re: ZF2 on WAMP

Postby ashish_onmobile on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Nareh,

I have successfully configured ZF2 on wamp server with php 5.4.3. please ask specific question so i can help you.

Regards,
Ashish
ashish_onmobile

Re: ZF2 on WAMP

Postby chantrelle on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:32 am

Salutations Ashish,

I'm not sure how much more specific you'd like Nareh's question to be. I assume, like myself, he is new to zf2, therefore, I believe he would like step by step setup instructions, detailing things such as the php.ini include_path, installing PHPUnit and other such dependencies required by zf2.

I am using only free software while I strive to grow past my Dreamweaver+MAMP web developer environment on Mac Leopard (10.5.8), to a more mature, Xcode/NetBeans 6.9/SequelPro + MAMP environment (not that mature I know, but I'm learning here).

At this point I wonder if Zendframework 2 is ready for use by the public at all?! No script file (zf .sh etc.) for use with NetBeans (global_inlclude should suffice they say). Very little implementation instructions (that are consistent). The skeleton application can be put in place with much pain, however for a newcomer this process teaches by inference not by instruction, not very friendly for humans like myself. Way too many assumptions on behalf of the writers that the reader has been using the framework since release 1.0.

In summary, my questions are:
1. Should I just roll back to zf 1.* and start there and wait until the end of 2013 to take a stab at zf2?
2. Will there be a cli (terminal) zf tool for zf2?
3. Will NetBeans eventually be able to use ZF2?
4. Is there a TRUE tutorial for newcomers on ANY Zend site (preferably a Lynda .com styled video tutorial by a student-friendly instructor)?
5. Am I the only one who is starting to feel like they're much better off just hand-coding php like I did in DreamWeaver?
chantrelle

Return to Zend Framework