Help me understanding Zf2! please!

For programming and general questions on Zend Framework

Help me understanding Zf2! please!

Postby fried_smurf on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi mates!
I´m new to PHP frameworks and I decided to learn how to use Zf2.

So, I downloaded the skeleton structure, and used the composer to download and install Zf2.
I started to follow the tutorial steps.

Now, here are my two first doubts:

1- For every app, should i download skeleton app and follow this structure? In negative case, what shoul i do?
2- Will i always have to donwload and install zf2 in each app, as i did in the tutorial?
3- Which IDE should i use? I tried Zend Studio but I´m not able to import Zf2...

Sorry, but i´m a bit coonfused and I can´t find useful information on the web...

Could you point me in the right way to start using Zf2?

Thanks a lot!

Best
fried_smurf

Re: Help me understanding Zf2! please!

Postby dam358 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:41 am

Hi.

I'm not an expert in ZF2 (started recently).
You can use ZF2 with the skeletton on Zend Studio 9, just place the ZF2 library folder in the existing directory vendor/ZF2 (or maybe just a link but I couldn't).
dam358

Postby fried_smurf on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Thnaks ill try.
I´m doing the skeleton tutorial.
I´ll give news soon!
cheers
fried_smurf

Postby chantrelle on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:41 am

Finally someone attempted to answer a zf2 question!!

General alert to Travice Swicegood, Ralph Schindler and the Honorable Mr. Ophinney, your intelligence is legendary to those of us who have listed to your ZendCon material and see what your objectives are, but please acknowledge that most of the rest of us are not Mensa members.

I really want to start using Zend Framework 2 but the learning curve seems to actually be a learning cliff!

The skeleton application isn't even friendly enough for people who are already ZF1 users from what I can see. Please hire the the guys who did the "...for dummies" series of books to write a tutorial for ZF2 PLEASE, please, please; pretty-please with nanobot processor chips on top!
chantrelle

Return to Zend Framework