Zend Framwork Installation

For programming and general questions on Zend Framework

Zend Framwork Installation

Postby babydeveloper on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:23 am

Hi,

I just start working on Zend framework but i am having some problems in the installation. I have extracted the entire Zend framework folder in xampp\php\zendframwork and i did adjusted the path in php.ini as

; Windows: "\path1;\path2"
;include_path = ".;D:\xampp\php\pear\;D:\xampp\php\ZendFramework\library"

Now tell me what is the next step. If i go and make project in htdocs through command prompt it gives me error.

If anyone knows some other way of installing and then starting with making a project in Framework then let me know.

ThaNks...
babydeveloper

Re: Zend Framwork Installation

Postby ninjapanda on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:49 am

I'm not sure this is caused by include_path. Providing more info will be better. What do you do by step by step... etc...

Looking at your include_path and it seems you have commented that out.

Remove ; in front of include_path to enable it.

from
;include_path = ".;D:\xampp\php\pear\;D:\xampp\php\ZendFramework\library"

to
include_path = ".;D:\xampp\php\pear\;D:\xampp\php\ZendFramework\library"
ninjapanda

Postby einsteinsboi on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:20 pm

What error are you getting when you try to create a project?

What ninjapanda says is true, you have to uncomment that line for the include to work. Also, if you're in Windows make sure that you've added zf.bat to your path variable so that you can use Zend tool from the command line. And always remember when you modify environment variables in Windows you have to restart your computer. Hope this helps.
einsteinsboi

Postby taddis on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 am

When developing on XAMPP environment you'll get the Zend Framework "for free". It's included in XAMPP and is located here:
Code: Select all
C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Zend

Make sure you're using the "correct" lib. If you're going with this in your php.ini / PATH-variable (for php.bat):
Code: Select all
include_path = ".;C:\xampp\php\PEAR\;C:\xampp\php\ZendFramework\library"

you will always get the XAMPP included Zend Framework and not the one installed in 'C:\xampp\php\ZendFramework\library'.

So if you want to use the lib you've downloaded you should switch places of these to include paths or just delete/rename the one in php\PEAR.
taddis

Postby babydeveloper on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:31 am

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I have un commented the inculde_path in php.ini. Now it looks like this

First step was extrating the entire folder of Zend Frame Work in xampp\php\ZendFrameWork

Second i did was setting the path of that folder in php.ini

;Windows: "\path1;\path2"
include_path = ".;D:\xampp\php\pear\;D:\xampp\php\ZendFramework\library"

Third Step:

i have set the environment variable path to

;D:\xampp\php\pear\ZendFramework\bin

Fourth Step:

I opened my command line and typed
D:\xampp\htdocs>D:\xampp\php\ZendFrameWork\bin\zf.bat create project test project
then i pressed entered and got the error:

Error:"php.exe" is not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file.

Now my question is i have just extracted the entire folder containing zend frame work only in php folder inside xampp. how can i access it from htdocs?....
Also in my path i have written (".;D:\xampp\php\pear\;D:\xampp\php\ZendFramework\library") and my variable path also contain the path (;D:\xampp\php\pear\ZendFramework\bin) so do i need to copy the zend frame work in Pear folder of php???.....

Infact i have no idea what to do.I just follow some steps i found on internet. So now tell me where i am wrong...and how to start making project in ZendFrameWork.

ThAnKs...
babydeveloper

Postby taddis on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:47 am

First of you have to decide which version of the framework you're gonna use. As you have it set up now you are using the framework inside C:\xampp\php\PEAR\Zend (that is if there is a Zend forlder there).

If you intend to use the one you have downloaded, then re-name or delete the one in the path above (if the Zend folder is present).

As for the php.exe problem. php.exe is located here D:\xampp\php\php.exe, so you will have to add D:\xampp\php\ to your PATH-variable as well.

Hope that helps.
taddis

Postby babydeveloper on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:43 am

Hummm Thanks for the replies.

Actually now i have changed the entire procedure of installing ZendFramework-1.9.6 as somebody suggested me.

First of all i will like to mention that i have not installed php and mysql separately but instead i just installed xampp-win32-1.7.1 server to serve the purpose for both PHP and MYSQL collectively.

Now after installing the xampp in my D: drive that is D:\xampp what i have done is

1. I made a zend folder in Program files of C: and I only Copy bin and library folder from ZendFramework-1.9.6 in to C:\Program Files\zend\bin and C:\Program Files\zend\library
2. I copy the two files php.cli and php5ts.dll from my D:xampp\php\ folder and paste it in bin folder that i placed in C:\Program Files\zend\bin
3. Then i set the Environment Variable to ;C:\Program Files\zend\bin
4. I restarted the Computer as it is required to make the Environment Variable work.
5. Then i opened the command line interface and typed C:\zf show version and press enter
I can successfully see the version of zendframework displayed as a result.
6.Then i created project in D:\xampp\htdocs as my xampp is installed in D: drive and zendframework is placed in C:\program files so i created the project by writing D:\xampp\htdocs\zf create project test
It successfully creates the project in htdocs but i need to copy paste the library folder from C:\program files\zend\library to D:\xampp\htdocs\test\library that is whenever i create a project i will need to copy paste the library folder from zend library to my project library.

Question: Do anyone knows trick by which i will not need to copy paste the library folder from zend to my project again and again. Do u ppl think this is the right way to install zend framework.
babydeveloper

Postby ninjapanda on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:11 am

Yup, that's a good idea to have one central Zend library shared by other applications.

What you can do is that either set_include_path in your application or use include_path of php.ini

both set_include_path and include_path should link to your central Zend library. Sames goes for your own library as well.
ninjapanda

Postby cyrillpeeps on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:51 pm

ninjapanda wrote:Yup, that's a good idea to have one central Zend library shared by other applications.

What you can do is that either set_include_path in your application or use include_path of php.ini

both set_include_path and include_path should link to your central Zend library. Sames goes for your own library as well.

Thanks Ninjapanda that's a good idea. I never thought to create one central library like that. I'm going to do it now so thanks for the tip.

Understanding the lemonade diet plus explore affiliate marketing not to mention examine fat burning furnace today.
Last edited by cyrillpeeps on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyrillpeeps

Postby aveeshkumar on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 am

With ZF 1.10 and XAMPP 1.7.3 and following the steps outlined in the Getting Started with Zend Framework guide, I ran into the problem where zf tool would not run even after following all steps in the suide and this forum post.

The error was "could not find php.exe" in the DOS prompt

Turns out that in zf.bat, there is a a line
SET PHP_BIN=php.exe

Change it to SET PHP_BIN=c:\xampp\php\php.exe (or the full path to where your php.exe is)

HTH someone

aveesh
aveeshkumar

Next

Return to Zend Framework