Having trouble getting started...

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i

Having trouble getting started...

Postby bradders15 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44 am

I'm currently trying to view the demo 5250 bridge programs that come with the Zend Server install.

I've installed the latest version (5.6.0) and can get to the admin homepage at http://********:10088/ZendServer

I can get to the login page when I click on one of the subfile demo apps, but after hitting login, I get an Internal Server Error. The error log shows:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method ToolkitService::getLastDBError() in /usr/local/zendsvr/5250/API/Zend/5250/I5Wrapper.php on line 223

I've tried all steps in related posts on this forum but to no avail. Any further avenues of investigation would be most welcome. TIA.
bradders15

Re: Having trouble getting started...

Postby aseiden on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:39 am

A couple of things:

Have you set the CCSID in your Apache file?
After installing Zend Server 5.6.0, did you install the latest toolkit PTF, ("12-07" as of this writing) or latest toolkit from YiPs site?

If the above are true, try creating debug.log by setting debug=true in /usr/local/zendsvr/share/toolkitapi/toolkit.ini, then running the bridge again, and reviewing the resulting debug.log file.

--Alan
aseiden

Postby joe8123 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Did we find a fix for this issue? I have the same problem.
joe8123

Postby aseiden on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:17 pm

You're unable to see the root cause of the issue because of an outdated error handler in the 5250 Bridge.

Go to line 223 of this script:
/usr/local/zendsvr/5250/API/Zend/5250/I5Wrapper.php

Change it from:
Code: Select all
return $this->i5_resource->getLastDBError(); //"errormessage";

to:
Code: Select all
return $this->i5_resource->getErrorCode() . ' ' . $this->i5_resource->getErrorMsg();

And please follow earlier advice about updating your copy of the toolkit, and, if necessary, creating a debug log.

I can't guarantee that it will reveal the root cause, but you'll have a better chance now.

-- Alan Seiden
aseiden

Return to Zend Server for IBM i