I've tried again to revisit enabling db2_pconnect in our scripts which has caused several failures. I've had to revert back to db2_connect for all. I had the opportunity this morning to examine the QSYSWRK subsytem on a server that was failing when calling db2_pconnect. I found the job with the user that's used to make the connection (ZENDDB2USR), but there weren't any messages. I did notice a object lock on the user profile, but I'm assuming that's expected:
- Code: Select all
Object Member ASP
Opt Object Library Type Lock Status Locks Device
ZENDDB2USR QSYS *USRPRF *SHRRD HELD
Ending the job did not resolve the problem and I didn't know where else to look. I changed the connection script to use db2_connect instead and it immediately starting working. I'm so frustrated with this. We can't utilize the optimization of persistent connections if they fail.
Power 7 box: V7R1M000
Zend Server CE: ZS5.5.0