Can no longer connect using SSH

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i

Can no longer connect using SSH

Postby alwalsh on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:07 pm

I've been using SSH to connect to a IBM i system. They recently upgraded they're operating system to 7.1. Zend Studio was working fine after the upgrade, but then all of sudden stopped working with the following error:

Failed to connect SSHD, ip address
Session.connect: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

I stopped and started the server, but still no luck. When I run NETSTAT *CNN, I see this:

Remote Remote Local
Opt Address Port Port Idle Time State

* * ssh 000:02:54 Listen

Not sure what the issue might be?

Thank you.
alwalsh

Re: Can no longer connect using SSH

Postby aseiden on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi, Amanda,

You could try right-clicking the connection in Studio and selecting "Disconnect," then "Connect." In case the handle was cached in Studio.

Alan
aseiden

Postby alwalsh on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm having this issue again. All of a sudden my I'm getting the Failed to connect SSHD on [ip address] and I can't connect to my system. I tried re-starting sshd on the ibm i. I also disconnected and re-connected in Zend Studio, but no luck. NETSTAT *CNN shows that SSH is in listen mode. I'm not sure what else to try??
alwalsh

Postby alwalsh on Wed May 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Our client was having problems with their DNS server because of a blown circuit board, which caused this issue. Everything is good now.
alwalsh

Postby chuk_shirley on Tue May 21, 2013 1:44 am

Amanda,

I know you've already solved this, but this might be useful for others: make sure the qusrwrk subsystem is running. If not, enter this on the command line: STRSBS SBSD(QUSRWRK). Then try restarting sshd. I haven't used Zend Studio with V7R1 yet, but I know this is a prerequisite for V6R1.

-Chuk
chuk_shirley

Return to Zend Server for IBM i