Installing Wordpress on IBM i

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i
jlspmfphp

Installing Wordpress on IBM i

Post by jlspmfphp » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:15 pm

I have been attempting to load WordPress, but running the php script at http://myAS400:10088/blog/wp-admin/install.php fails. I did debug the script and it is running, but it is hard to pinpoint where the fail occurs. One of the error logs indicated a missing favicon.ico file. After creating this file, the install still fails. The browser just stays white, no errors or text of any kind. All subsystems, servers, and daemons are running (whether they are running correctly may be another story).

Our config is:

OS400: V5R4
ZendServer CE:5.04
PHP: 5.3.3
MySQL: Server Version-5.1.50 Client Version-5.045 (both bundled with ZendServer)

Mainly, I am just trying to use WordPress as a proof of concept on what the IBM i can serve. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues loading WordPress on IBM i and if so, what were your resolutions? What places should I look in? I am very new to PHP on the IBM i, so it doesn't take long to stump the chump. RPG on the other hand, I can answer your question.

zend_i5

Re: Installing Wordpress on IBM i

Post by zend_i5 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:16 am

Make sure to assign QTMHHTP authority to WordPress directories and files

jlspmfphp

Re: Installing Wordpress on IBM i

Post by jlspmfphp » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

What I found is that the wordpress user was not assigned to the correct host in the MySql database. Not knowing any better, the value of '%' was used as the host when I assigned the wordpress default user to the wordpress database in MySql. When I assigned the wordpress user to localhost, the wordpress blog admin page came up. That is all I changed and everything has been working since then.