Zend framework2 and ibm i deployment

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i
bob4248

Zend framework2 and ibm i deployment

Post by bob4248 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:10 pm

I am new to zend and php, but have been programming on the I for many years. I was trying a Zend framework 2 tutorial. using Zend studio I was to create a project easily. I then use the deploy option to send it to my system and try out the app. The main index page displayed properly, but any other page or even the framework error page do not show. Looking at error logs. The application deployed to /user/local/zendsvr6... but when accessing any page other then the mainindex page it attempts to start at /www/zendsvr6/htdocs before attempting to append the correct path under the actual deployment location. Has anyone else encountered this?

bob4248

Re: Zend framework2 and ibm i deployment

Post by bob4248 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm

I know this post is 2 years old, but I am having the same issue. It was suggested that I create a virtual host, but my manager will go crazy if I need to adjust the IBM I apache config every time I deploy an application. I did try it on the development server and it worked, but I don't like manually creating a virtual host, and every time I deployed the application from Zend studio it incremented the version. Then it created a new file structure based on that, so I would have to adjust the virtual host. That may be me not creating it correctly to handle this. I tried using the Zend server virtual host wizard. The Zend server wizard says it completes, but never shows the host. It creates the virtual host down several layers of directories usr/local/zendversion ... , not in the apache config file used by the system www/serverversion/conf/.