php 7 - zip, admin functions missing

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i

php 7 - zip, admin functions missing

Postby step5086 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:38 pm

installed IBM i PHP 7 on a system with an existing PHP 5 install. ( there are now two folders. /www/zendsvr6 and /www/zendphp7 ) Problem is zip functions that work in PHP5 do not work in PHP7.

$zip = zip_open($zipPath);
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function zip_open() in /www/zendphp7/htdocs/marketing/dropbox_listZipFileContents.php:126

Can I just install the missing zip library?

PHP 7 did install without errors. But running the admin server does fail:

{"message":"Zend Server failed during initialization: Dependency failure: Zend Utils extension must be loaded","prevs":["Dependency failure: Zend Utils extension must be loaded"]}

which is identical to a post on this forum titled: Cannot access admin on port 10091 Zend Svr 9.1 (PHP7.1)

but I do not follow when he says "...So I went into /usr/local/lib and renamed libz.a to libz.a.old ...." Not finding that file to rename.

what to do? How to install the missing functionality?

thanks,
step5086

Re: php 7 - zip, admin functions missing

Postby step5086 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:16 pm

the cause of this problem was that the symbolic link file /usr/local/lib/libz.a was pointing to a file that did not exist. The file pointed to was in an different folder. After fixing the link file, a restart of the zendphp7 server enabled PHP to startup correctly. The admin server worked. And so did the zip functions.
step5086

Return to Zend Server for IBM i