issues with zendserver 2018 as an upgrade SSL fails

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i
chrisbirk

issues with zendserver 2018 as an upgrade SSL fails

Post by chrisbirk » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Over the weekend I put on the latest ptfs on v7r3. No issues on monday and tuesday. Tuesday night I put on the zend server 2018.0.0 upgrade (ptf 7zs0005). I was running zend server 9.1.4 php 7.1.x. I had to first perm apply 7zs0004 ptf as it would not let me put 7zs0005 on without such. No ipl was necessary.

Had two issues that you should be aware of. First issue is now I can't log into zendserver (like to see the logs, etc., yes I know I can get at it from zsmenu). It takes the user/pw and says redirecting to login page and does. Not a password issue as wrong password tells you that. It says there is no session, it may be an issue with the license, have in a support ticket. This is not the end of the world. It is running with the "basic" license. Maybe somewhere they tell if you go from zend 9.x to zend 2018 a new license? has to be gotten, don't know.

Second issue which has bit me in the butt a few times in doing upgrades, so I point it out here is after the upgrade, some things did not work. Looking at the logs, I saw:
-2018 08:45:34 America/Indiana/Indianapolis] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL
4090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed in /www/zendphp7/htdocs/custserv/mer1.php on li
-2018 08:45:34 America/Indiana/Indianapolis] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): Failed to enable crypto in /www/zendphp7/h

The problem has to do with openssl and the fact the directory it wanted does not exist and is not populated.

There is a zend document that covers this:

https://zend18.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... or-PHP-5-6

And while it has to do with zendserver 8 (forward), doing the steps will show the exact problem, and it has the fix in the article, and once I did that, it was running good. I decided to document this here in the forum since we seem to be at times "on our own" with zend server/php.

I had this same issue when I went to zendserver 8, then to zendserver9 and now zendserver2018. Of course I had slept between each and so I was scrambling this morning. If you aren't referencing any site under "ssl" (actually tls), you may not see this issue I guess.

c