apache doesn't start at IPL

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i
erich_hieden

apache doesn't start at IPL

Post by erich_hieden » Mon May 03, 2010 10:57 am

With ZendCore I was used to starting the ZEND subsystem in the QSTRUPPGM, which also started the Apache instances.
Now after installing ZendServer I did the same, ZENDSVR subsystem comes up quite fine, but I have to start the Apache server instances manually through ZSMENU.
How can I have them start automatically?

Erich

zendjapan

Re: apache doesn't start at IPL

Post by zendjapan » Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 am

I also have met same problem on Zend Server for IBM i ver 5.0.1 on i5/OS V5R4 .
I hope it could be helpful.

erich_hieden

Post by erich_hieden » Fri May 07, 2010 8:29 am

Had to reinstall ZendServer due to other reasons and left the startup as it was set by installation (Autostart Job Entry in QSYSWRK). The Apache server still isn't started.
I took a look into System MSGQ and found out that the subsystem QHTTPSVR (in which the Apache instances are running) is started AFTER the ZENDSVR subsystem. I still have to come up with a solution to correct the starting sequence, but I thought it might be interesting for you to know why it doesn't start properly.

maniva

Post by maniva » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:35 am

Previously with zend core was working fine
we added this command STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(APACHEDFT)

Unfortunately is not starting with zend server .

What is wrong ??
APACHEDFT is not the right key??

Please help
Ivano

erich_hieden

Post by erich_hieden » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:20 pm

You guessed right, APACHEDFT is the wrong server instance. ZENDSVR is the one you're looking for.

chris_hird

Post by chris_hird » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:10 pm

Use the IBM interface to start (or set to auto start )any configured Apache instances other than Zend. Zend has added autostart entries for the subsystem to auto start in ZendServer so all you need to do is start your own Apache Servers.
Chris...
Shield Advanced Solutions Ltd
Home of JobQGenie and the Receiver Apply Program
http://www.shield.on.ca/Blog

erich_hieden

Post by erich_hieden » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:13 pm

chris_hird wrote:Use the IBM interface to start (or set to auto start )any configured Apache instances other than Zend. Zend has added autostart entries for the subsystem to auto start in ZendServer so all you need to do is start your own Apache Servers.
Chris...
Which does not always work. So it's a good thing to know how to start it manually or in QSTRUPPGM.

chris_hird

Post by chris_hird » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:44 pm

erich

I agree, IBM has really screwed things up with their latest incarnation of IBM Director for iSeries Navigator! I could not even get it to run so I had to go in and call the pages using the ports to get to the old HTTPAdmin interface etc.. But that does at least work MOST of the time..
I did find the file that is set to autostart the servers automatically once but as I no longer run HTTP directly on the IBM i I cannot for the life of me remember where it was!

Chris...
Shield Advanced Solutions Ltd
Home of JobQGenie and the Receiver Apply Program
http://www.shield.on.ca/Blog