Zend Server becomes non responsive.

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i
segan1

Re: Zend Server becomes non responsive.

Post by segan1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:35 pm

We are getting a similar message, and I am wondering if the same solution also applies.

Here is the message that is appearing in our Apache error logs: "Can not send request to /usr/local/ZendSvr/bin/php-cgi.bin (0.0) - [0] There is no error."

The only difference is that our logs have "Can not send request to..." instead of "Can not read response from...".

Does the suggested solution also apply to this similar message?

Thanks,

Sean

crma

Post by crma » Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 am

We have a similar problem:
We are using Zend server on the Iseries. I am unable to restrict accesses to directories in the htdocs folder. In the Apache instance we have:

<LocationMatch /DirectoryName>
Require valid-user
AuthType Basic
AuthName SecureArea
PasswdFile %%SYSTEM%%
UserID %%CLIENT%%
</LocationMatch>

But if we use a profile that no have *ALLOBJ (tipically QSECOFR) the response we have in the error_log file is:
[Wed May 04 10:14:40 2011] [error] Can not connect() to /usr/local/ZendSvr/bin/php-cgi.bin (0.0) - [3401] Permesso negato.
The php scripts we call have *public security al the lowest level (*RWX *ALL) but the problem seems to be in php core.

Have you any solution? Thanks in advance.

yiyujia

Post by yiyujia » Wed May 18, 2011 9:12 pm

erich_hieden wrote:We've also had this error from time to time on our devlopment system, but never on any production system, so it isn't a major bug for us.

Just wanted to point out, that you can also use the HTTPAdmin instance (http://server_ip:2001/HTTPAdmin) to restart the server if you don't want to use the green screen.

Regards
In your development system, did you got stored procedure that requires a file but it has not been assigned to stored procedure's library list?

erich_hieden

Post by erich_hieden » Thu May 19, 2011 8:55 am

yiyujia wrote:In your development system, did you got stored procedure that requires a file but it has not been assigned to stored procedure's library list?
No, we haven't been using DB2 stored procedures so far.

yiyujia

Post by yiyujia » Thu May 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks Erich.

I asked this question to you because I ran into similar problem as you did ( viewtopic.php?f=64&t=9237 ). Our zend server hangs when my PHP code called a stored procedure written in RPG and one file used by stored procedure has not been assign to the user account. Looks similar as you ran into as you said it only happen in your development server.

Does the "sockets.use_system_read" solve your problem?

Yiyu

erich_hieden

Post by erich_hieden » Thu May 19, 2011 4:11 pm

yiyujia wrote:Thanks Erich.

I asked this question to you because I ran into similar problem as you did ( viewtopic.php?f=64&t=9237 ). Our zend server hangs when my PHP code called a stored procedure written in RPG and one file used by stored procedure has not been assign to the user account. Looks similar as you ran into as you said it only happen in your development server.

Does the "sockets.use_system_read" solve your problem?

Yiyu
Sorry Yiyu can't help you on that on, since I never posted in the thread you linked and have never used stored procedures as well. I think you are mistaking me for someone else.

Regards

efuentes

Post by efuentes » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi, i get the same errors,

[error] Can not read response from /usr/local/ZendSvr/bin/php-cgi.bin (0.0) - [3447] A remote host did not respond within the timeout period
[error] Can not connect() to /usr/local/ZendSvr/bin/php-cgi.bin (0.0) - [3425] A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

And then the server is gone, any help? i tried with changing the fast-cgi, and the php config (socket ), thanks for your help.

sikxz8_97rbi2vanvtvk

Post by sikxz8_97rbi2vanvtvk » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:26 am

We are getting the same errors repetitively and it's locking up Zend Server for up to (approx) 5 minutes at a time.

[warn] Cannot send HTTP response errno=0
[error] Can not send request to /usr/local/zendsvr6/bin/php-cgi.bin (0.0) - [0] There is no error.

Often during the night when this happens the problem goes away after a few minutes, but when it happens during the working day we are having to Stop and Start Zend Server.

Can't see any errors logged anywhere other than in the Apache error log, and can't see what is causing this.

All PTF's are up to date. We are running A6.1 and Zend Server Version: 6.1.0 Build: 72355.

zend_i5

Post by zend_i5 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Sometimes if IBMi server is not powerful enough, PHP takes longer time to process the request which makes Zend Server is not responsive. Here is a way to increase the request and process time in Zend Server:
1. Increase max_execution_time directive in /usr/local/zendsvr6/etc/php,ini:
max_execution_time = 120
2. Increase ConnectionTimeout and RequestTimeout directives in /www/zendsvr6/conf/fastcgi.ini
ConnectionTimeout="120" RequestTimeout="120"

sikxz8_97rbi2vanvtvk

Post by sikxz8_97rbi2vanvtvk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:10 am

zend_i5 wrote:Sometimes if IBMi server is not powerful enough, PHP takes longer time to process the request which makes Zend Server is not responsive. Here is a way to increase the request and process time in Zend Server:
1. Increase max_execution_time directive in /usr/local/zendsvr6/etc/php,ini:
max_execution_time = 120
2. Increase ConnectionTimeout and RequestTimeout directives in /www/zendsvr6/conf/fastcgi.ini
ConnectionTimeout="120" RequestTimeout="120"
I fear that the problem in our case is that the server is not powerful enough. It's fine running "green screen" jobs, and also Websmart-ILE web processes (RPG programs running web pages), but the more load we put on it with PHP/Javascript etc, it seems to be doing this more.

Just waiting for the company to proceed with an order for a new box, which will hopefully fix the problems we have been having, but meantime trying to tune the processes to try and minimise the timeouts.

Will try increasing the timeout settings as suggested, thanks.
Tony Payne
Draper Tools Ltd
Chandlers Ford, UK
http://www.drapertools.com