App fails migrating to zend server

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i

App fails migrating to zend server

Postby renojim on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:47 pm

I have an app running on Zend Core on i5. When I move the app to Zend Server clicking a submit button fails with the 'no input file' error, and nothing else. There seems to be nothing I can do to the form action to make it work. So I have two issues - First, WHY?, of course. If it runs fine on core, why not on z server? Second, looking through the log, I found this error:

"(13) Array
/www/zendsvr/htdocs/tst/CeAuditRpt/library/Zend/Session.php(Line:442): Error #2 session_write_close() [<a href='function.session-write-close'>function.session-write-close</a>]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () Array' in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/tst/CeAuditRpt/libr in /www/zendsvr/htdocs/tst/CeAuditRpt/library/Zend/Session.php on line 444"

And in Session.php on line 444 I found this:
// In strict mode, do not allow auto-starting Zend_Session, such as via "new Zend_Session_Namespace()"
if (self::$_strict && $options === true) {
/** @see Zend_Session_Exception */
require_once 'Zend/Session/Exception.php';
throw new Zend_Session_Exception('You must explicitly start the session with Zend_Session::start() when session options are set to strict.');
}

What is strict mode, and why would "new Zend_Session_Namespace" be disallowed under any condition, and why is it not noted in the documentation that it may be disallowed under some condition?
renojim

Re: App fails migrating to zend server

Postby zend_i5 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 pm

It looks like the Apache user QTMHHTTP does not have authorities to application's session directory. Allow QTMHHTTP user write access to that directory.
zend_i5

Re: App fails migrating to zend server

Postby mich6822 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:21 pm

The restoreConfig command is a simple utility to restore the configuration of your node after backing up the configuration using the backupConfig command. By default, all servers on the node stop before the configuration restores so that a node synchronization does not occur during the restoration. If the configuration directory already exists, it is renamed before the restoration occurs. For more information about where to run this command, see Using command line tools.
mich6822

Return to Zend Server for IBM i