Can I install cluster manager on installed zend server

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

Can I install cluster manager on installed zend server

Postby epflb_fr-t2bth5bv_s on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:16 am

Hi all,

Previously I have installed zend server CE edition which is a free licensed version of 30 days. Now I want to install the cluster manager also. For this can I install it directly on installed zend server or do I want to make a fresh installation of zend server with cluster manager?? I dont know correctly regarding this.

And also I came to know that cluster management will not work on CE edition (from FAQ's of zendsever site). I havent understand this correctly. So if I install cluster manager,can zend server do cluster management for me or not?? Please suggest me regarding this...

Thanks
PavanKumar
epflb_fr-t2bth5bv_s

Re: Can I install cluster manager on installed zend server

Postby idobms on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Server Clustering and central cluster management are included in the Professional and Enterprise editions. These are features that are not included in the Free/CE edition of Zend Server but when you get the trial version it should be enabled http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/editions
ZS 6.0 does not require another machine for the cluster manager and does not include the ZSCM component. Cluster management is done from each of the cluster nodes and they all connect directly to the central DB.
idobms

Return to Zend Server