Zend Server 5.6 - Failed to load extension 'codetracing'

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

Zend Server 5.6 - Failed to load extension 'codetracing'

Postby fixversand on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Today i updated our Zend Server to 5.6 SP1 and added the Hotfix 4.
Right after the update the Zend Code Tracing doesn't want to load properly. (it worked before)
I just get:
Error message: Failed to load extension 'codetracing', path given: 'C:\Zend\ZendServer\lib\codetracing\php-5.2.x\ZendCodeTracing.dll'
The file is at the right position and has the following details:
Fileversion: 0.0.677.0
Size: 438 KB
Last Modified: 02.29.2012 14:38

The Server-System is: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64

I tried to turn it off, restart PHP, turn it back on. => Nothing changed (as expected)
Changed the path of the file to see if ZS is tring to get the right file. => It's the right one.
I modified the tracing configuration a little (and back) to ensure the config file is okay.

Any more ideas what might be done to get it working again?
(The de- and reinstallation should be the far latest option :-) )
fixversand

Re: Zend Server 5.6 - Failed to load extension 'codetracing'

Postby fixversand on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:30 am

The problem still persists. :-(

Maybe the dll is damaged?
Since the setup does not offer a "repair" option i tried to extract the dll from the setup but i failed. 7-Zip is not able to handle the second compression. Doh!
Will now try to install on a other system and copy the dll.

Any other ideas?
fixversand

Postby fixversand on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Switching the DLL didn't fix the problem. But in a fresh installation (VM) the codetracing is working. At least i know the dll is okay. ;-)

I compared zend.conf, httpd.conf and php.ini with a fresh installation.

There is one difference in the http.conf:
<Directory "<path-to-zend>\Apache2/htdocs">
AllowOverride All
By default it's set to None.
Changing this didn't solve the problem.

In the php.ini is one difference:
include_path=".;<path-to-zend>\ZendServer\bin\pear;<path-to-zend>\ZendServer\share\ZendFramework\library"
Removing this didn't solve the problem.

Combinations of both didn't solve the problem either.

Seams i have to reinstall the server to fix ths problem. But with this i maybe generate new problems ... :-/
fixversand

Postby idobms on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 pm

It could be some leftovers from an older version. If other Zend extensions loaded fine then its probably not a permissions issue with the extension directories. If it happens again we can have a look at it. In many cases there would be some error in one of the logs.
idobms

Postby fixversand on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Problem still exists. :-(

After comparing every file with a fresh installation on a -test- server i can say, there are just these differences:
  • On the -buggy- server i installed into C:\Zend\
    On the -test- server i installed to the default folder. C:\Program Files x86\Zend\
  • Some Events were changed. But using the defaults does not solve the problem.
  • Some extensions were missing in the php.ini.
  • some mime.types were missing the the Apache2\conf
That's it.

So i finally decided to deinstall Zend Server and reinstall it again to C:\Zend\. (Folders were empty except MySQL Databases and htdocs)
But the problem still exists. DOH! :-(
fixversand

Postby fixversand on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Sorry, i was to slow to be able to edit my prev post:

I just found some strange thing in the Zend Server\logs\zem.txt:
Code: Select all
[:: Zend Extension Manager :: 07.11.2012 20:03:04 WARNING] [ f:\tmp\b.zs-components.zs_palm_hf_20120229.5.2.17.1572\zs-components-zs_palm_hf_20120229-php5.2.17\zendserver\extensionmanager\src\zendextensionmanager\zendextensionmanager.cpp : 1461 ( zend_extension_manager_startup ) ] Failed to load extension 'codetracing', path given: 'C:\Zend\ZendServer\lib\codetracing\\php-5.2.x\ZendCodeTracing.dll'
[:: Zend Extension Manager :: 07.11.2012 20:03:08 WARNING] [ f:\tmp\b.zs-components.zs_palm_hf_20120229.5.2.17.1572\zs-components-zs_palm_hf_20120229-php5.2.17\zendserver\extensionmanager\src\zendextensionmanager\zendextensionmanager.cpp : 1461 ( zend_extension_manager_startup ) ] Failed to load extension 'codetracing', path given: 'C:\Zend\ZendServer\lib\codetracing\\php-5.2.x\ZendCodeTracing.dll'
[:: Zend Extension Manager :: 07.11.2012 20:03:19 WARNING] [ f:\tmp\b.zs-components.zs_palm_hf_20120229.5.2.17.1572\zs-components-zs_palm_hf_20120229-php5.2.17\zendserver\extensionmanager\src\zendextensionmanager\zendextensionmanager.cpp : 1461 ( zend_extension_manager_startup ) ] Failed to load extension 'codetracing', path given: 'C:\Zend\ZendServer\lib\codetracing\\php-5.2.x\ZendCodeTracing.dll'

Repeats a few more times.

The strange thing is: The Server does not have a Drive F: ?!? And there is no Drive E: , too. So its not the "Next free one" for some sort of temporary mappings.
And in the given path, there is a doubleslash behind "codetracing". Should not be a problem, but maybe it is?
'C:\Zend\ZendServer\lib\codetracing\\php-5.2.x\ZendCodeTracing.dll'
fixversand

Postby fixversand on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:24 pm

FIXED!

I missed a error message in the Windows-Event-Viewer!
Protokollname: Application
Source: SideBySide
Date: 08.11.2012 15:08:11
Event-ID: 33

Description:
Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes für "C:\Zend\ZendServer\lib\codetracing\php-5.2.x\ZendCodeTracing.dll". Die abhängige Assemblierung "Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Verwenden Sie für eine detaillierte Diagnose das Programm "sxstrace.exe".

i wondered about the missing VC90. because it was installed! But the installed version is for x64! And it worked with the Zend Server 5.1.
With Zend Server 5.6 i had to install VC90 x86 and finally codetracing is working.
fixversand

Return to Zend Server