Zend Server 6

General discussion forum for the Zend Server
martinjconnolly1

Zend Server 6

Post by martinjconnolly1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi,
I got the email about Zend Server 6. Went to the page on the web site about Free Edition, and downloaded from the link. I installed and it says it's "Enterprise Trial". Where can I download the Free version or is there a licence setting I can tweak to tell it it's the free version?
Thanks

(NB I had version 5.0 CE previously, and upgraded to 5.6 before 6.0 - again following the links from the pages about the Free edition)

_t-a_2dunfq2jp7ipiy

Re: Zend Server 6

Post by _t-a_2dunfq2jp7ipiy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm

My issue is basically the same. I can navigate to the Administration -> License, but when I click on the button labelled, "Use Free Edition," it says "It seems that there is a problem with your Internet connection." I beg to differ. I'm posting here, aren't I? ;-)

The only changes I made to the install were to change the Apache listening port to 85 and enabled a couple of PHP extensions.

Currently on Zend Server 6 with PHP 5.4

toddwizd

Post by toddwizd » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:08 pm

I updated my ZCE 5.6 to 6.0 today - the biggest problem I see so far is that the zenctl sh file is gone. So there's now no service to start/stop zend server and the lighttpd management gui. I'm using the standard ubuntu apache package - not the apache that comes with ZCE.

tab4by

Post by tab4by » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi all,

i'm also having troubles with changing the license from "enterprise trial" to "free edition". I also get the message 'it seems that there is a problem with your internet connection'.
I'm using OS X 10.8.2 and i was upgrading from ZS CE 5.?

Anyone any idea?

If this could be fixed, we could be implementing ZS FE in our development environment.

Thanks in advance
Tim

toddwizd

Post by toddwizd » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm seeing this same issue trying to switch to the free edition on a new box I'm trying to bring up. Zend please fix this.

idobms

Post by idobms » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:49 am

Hi All,
There seems to be indeed a problem with the use free license button on the Administration>license view. The problem as many of you noticed is not related to internet connection as the error indicates. The dev team is aware of it and I hope they can address it ASAP. The trial version that you are running provides capabilities similar to the Enterprise edition which is the fully featured superset of Zend Server so it actually has more functionality than the Free edition.

martinjconnolly1

Post by martinjconnolly1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 am

I have another issue now. The Enterprise Trial version is asking me for a username and password; but the CE edition only asked for a password! I have no idea what the username is so I can't get into the admin area. How can I fix this? Does anyone know what the username should be or is it something I have set somewhere without knowing (or remembering)? Thanks

martinjconnolly1

Post by martinjconnolly1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:53 am

Well I found the username - "admin". I managed to use the "change license" option successfully and I now have the free version running.

tab4by

Post by tab4by » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi,
it seems to be fixed now, thanks a lot.

another question: if i remember right, in version 5 it was possible to hide al 'non-active' functions. Is this still possible in version 6?

Tim

kons6129

Post by kons6129 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Well I still cannot change the license, I am using Linux 2.6.32 and Firefox 3.6.18. Installation works fine and everythign seems to be working fine but the change license thing is making me mad... What OS / Browser are you guys using? Should I be changing something in the installation? Should I REISNTALL the server in order for it to register itself properly?

Regards and thanks in advance :)