Zend Server 6 PHP 5.4 And phmyadmin on Ubuntu

General discussion forum for the Zend Server
amoooc

Zend Server 6 PHP 5.4 And phmyadmin on Ubuntu

Post by amoooc » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi. Successfully installed manually Zend Server 6 PHP 5.4 on new Ubuntu Server 12.04.1 instance from repository

Code: Select all

deb http://repos.zend.com/zend-server/6.0/deb_ssl1.0 server non-free
Unfortunatelly cant make phpmyadmin work. On the previous version of ZS it was easy, just

apt-get install phpmyadmin-zend-server
and choosing Lighttpd configuration with dbconfig-common during installation.

Unfortunatelly with new wersion of Zend Server 6 PHP t's not that easy. I was trying many times to install and configure phpmyadmin with new ZS but without success. Please share your tour knowledge how install and properly configure phpmyadmin to work with ZS php 5.4.

Regards

rbzend
Zend Global Support

Re: Zend Server 6 PHP 5.4 And phmyadmin on Ubuntu

Post by rbzend » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Roman Basayev
Rogue Wave Support
https://support.roguewave.com/

amoooc

Post by amoooc » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:18 am

Thank you! Already deployed app with success on EC2 Instance and successfully connected phpmyadmin with Amazon RDS MySQL instance. But there is new problem: :)

During deploying phpmyadmin APP I set Base URL to:

http://<default-server>/phpmyadmin
added my DB host, user and Password
After installation application automatically connected to my RDS instance and is accessible on above URL for the public from the internet without ever prompting for DB user password on default :80 port. And there is no log off function anymore... :-) so please help.

1. How to push phpmyadmin ZS APP to prompt for the login and password before user login?
2. It is possible to run phpmyadmin app throught port 10081 like it was in old ZS version?

After one day of testing new version of ZS on my WIN 8 and Ubuntu Server I'm really impressive about great work - ZS rocks! :)

Regards

yonman

Post by yonman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:09 am

Hey amoooc, thanks for the kind words, we're glad to hear them.

I'm afraid we do not allow deployment of applications on port 10081.

For authentication, there are a few approaches:
Instead, you can deploy on any vhost you want instead of deploying on <default-server>. This vhost you can then configure manually in the apache configuration files to use any authentication scheme apache supports. You can also limit the interfaces that phpmyadmin is exposed to through that vhost.

Alternatively, or besides the above, you can use phpmyadmin's own config file to define a username and password for use in authenticating. If memory serves, they carry that functionality.

Finally, least convenient I think, you can empty out the user/password from phpmyadmin and I think phpmyadmin then reverts to the default "obtain credentials" behavior that you require.

There's a thread going on with lots of configuration examples for phpmyadmin:
http://forums.zend.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4213

Good luck, please let us know which method works for you, we'll be happy to improve the provided packages.
"It's only hubris if I fail" - Gaius Julius Caesar

amit8695

Post by amit8695 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 pm

The response by ZEND for this issue of no phpmyadmin in ZE6 is terrible. WHere are the manual install instructions? I deployed the link given above and it still doesn't show up in applications list and localhost/phpmyadmin still doesnt work...

my solution: download previous version of ZE like 5.6

amoooc

Post by amoooc » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:03 pm

amit8695 wrote:The response by ZEND for this issue of no phpmyadmin in ZE6 is terrible. WHere are the manual install instructions? I deployed the link given above and it still doesn't show up in applications list and localhost/phpmyadmin still doesnt work...

my solution: download previous version of ZE like 5.6
phpMyAdmin installation package provided by Zend support working perfect with Zend Server 6 deployed on my:
-Windows Server 2012
-Ubuntu Server 12.0.4.2
-Windows 8
Downgrading ZS isn't solution because there is no problem at all with phpMyAdmin on Zend Server v.6. I'm using it to manage MySQL databases already one month without any problems.

yonman

Post by yonman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 am

Hey amit

My apologies for our responsiveness, this is a difficulty we're aware of and working to make this operation easier in the future.
For now, I'd like to try and resolve the problem you're experiencing with deployment.

If you still have Zend Server 6 installed, I'd be happy to help you with checking the deployment logs, see if we can glean any information from there.
Thanks
"It's only hubris if I fail" - Gaius Julius Caesar