error when installing sqlsrv dirver to access MSSQL database

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

error when installing sqlsrv dirver to access MSSQL database

Postby hbou4587 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi,

I have just installed zend sever on a windows server 2008 (32 bits) / MS SQL 2008 R2 express.

I have also enable sqlsrv using the web-based admin panel of zend server.

when I call a phpinfo() I see that sqlsrv is enabled. However when I write a simple script to connect to the MS SQL DB using "sqlsrv_connect", the page says:

"Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => IMSSP [SQLSTATE] => IMSSP [1] => -49 [code] => -49 [2] => This extension requires the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client. Access the following URL to download the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client ODBC driver for x86: .... => This extension requires the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client. Access the following URL to download the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client ODBC driver for x86:....)"

I checked and the MS native Client (version 10) is installed (actually it was already installed before installing Zend server)!

One detail though (not sure if it matters) is when I was installing Zend server, I ticked the MS Native client to be installed (I think it was saying it is installing version 9.x.x..).

Anyone can help with this? Le me know if you need any other info.

Also, I would like to use sqlsrv, because according to windows it will allow me to easily read/write in utf-8 from my php scripts to the MS SQL DB.

Michel.
hbou4587

Return to Zend Server