Zend Server 7.0 is released Today!

General discussion forum for the Zend Server
MickeyZend
Zend Product Manager

Zend Server 7.0 is released Today!

Post by MickeyZend » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi all,

We are happy to announce that Zend Server 7.0 was released today!
We are extremely excited about this version as we firstly, proudly introduce a cool feature for developers... Z-Ray !

Zend Server Z-Ray

Zend Server Z-Ray monitors requests to the Web server and displays relevant, detailed and live information on a simple and intuitive Web page component in your browser. This information includes: PHP functions, SQL queries, sessions and cookie data, errors & warnings, server events, memory use, request execution time metrics, and more.
Using Z-Ray, developers get real insight into their PHP code, allowing them to inspect, debug and optimize their pages early on in the development cycle, long before they go into production.
With Secure Mode, administrators can provide developers safe and restricted access to Z-Ray for pages in production applications. In that way developers can help resolve production issues faster and with more confidence.

What other new things do we introduce in Zend Server 7.0?

Language and Platform Support
Zend Server 7 has now been certified to run on:
*Ubuntu 14.04 using Apache 2.4
* Windows 8 and Windows, Server 2012 and IIS8.0
* New IBMi version 7.2

Additional Database Support
Zend Server 7 has added support for Redis PECL extension v2.2.5

Long Term Support for PHP 5.4
Zend Server 7.0 is the Long Term Support for PHP 5.4.

Developer Edition
The new Developer Standard edition is tailored for a development environment and features as set of tools that enable fast troubleshooting and code optimization, including the new Zend Server Z-Ray.

So, go ahead and try it out (downloadable from our web site)!!
And tell us what you think: zs-feedback@zend.com

Thanks,
Mickey.

serg7112

Re: Zend Server 7.0 is released Today!

Post by serg7112 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:24 am

Can we install Zend Server Community Edition????

Best Regards

MickeyZend
Zend Product Manager

Post by MickeyZend » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 pm

We have posted a message about the free/CE edition on:

http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/ ... on-upgrade

Zend Server 7 Developer Edition is the upgrade for Zend Server 6 Free Edition, and offers that upgrade for free to all who owned the Free Edition by 6/30/2014. Upgrading is a simple step on this page.

I hope that helps!

Mickey.

fonant

Post by fonant » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:58 am

Except for the important difference that Zend Server 7 Developer Edition appears not be usable for production servers, which Zend Server 6 Free Edition was, as was Zend Server CE before that.

Or can we legitimately ignored the "Development only" notice in the UI, and use it for production too?

See http://forums.zend.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120598 for a summary of my situation and apparent options. I don't think I can be the only one stuck like this.

MickeyZend
Zend Product Manager

Post by MickeyZend » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi fonant,

FYI my detailed response is in the link you gave above.

Cheers,
Mickey.

kingharrison

Post by kingharrison » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Any timeline on PHP 5.6 support in Zend Server?

MickeyZend
Zend Product Manager

Post by MickeyZend » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 am

Absolutely.

You can expect that on our next server version (7.1) which is planned to be released around ZendCon (~end of October).
Want to start playing with it (and many other goodies) ? You can test it by joining our Early Access program!

Email me to for more details : mickey.h@zend.com

Thanks,
Mickey.

nluis3294

Post by nluis3294 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:06 am

Hello, is there any documentation about what to expect when doing an update from Zend Server 5.6CE to Zend Server 7.0?

All I can find is a sentence telling me to "follow the instructions on screen", or something like that. After the install, I had 2 copies of MySQL, and I had to copy all my databases and user accounts over to the new installation, then inactivate the old installation. I also had to redo all of my apache configurations. Is it supposed to wipe out my httpd.conf, and other configurations?

Also, the Zend Server console wouldn't even start until I made more changes to the config files. I just get errors.

I am doing these practice installs on my development machine for now. I'm a little hesitant on doing it on production until I'm sure I'm not missing something here.

arek1115

Post by arek1115 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Please see my post from today(Oct, 7 2014) about our upgrade to ZS7/PHP5.5.13 and odd behavior titled 'Zend Server 7.0/PHP5.5 odd behavior'

We have quite many Windows development machines and would like to know on the reason and possible fix for this posted issue.

MickeyZend
Zend Product Manager

Post by MickeyZend » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:25 pm

@nluis3294 - please can you contact me regarding the list of issues you mention:
mickey.h@zend.com

@arek1115 - I asked our support guys to address your issue on your post.

Thanks,
Mickey.