MAC OS Yosemite Autostart

General discussion forum for the Zend Server
gadigold

Re: MAC OS Yosemite Autostart

Post by gadigold » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 am

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting the problem.
We have a preliminary package that hopefully fixes this with Zend-Server-8-early-access , please try it out as an upgrade to existing Zend-Server OR a clean install.
[EDIT: The package is until heavy testing since we discovered it is not working as expected (support)]

[link removed for not working]

Please let us know how it goes,
Best Regards,
Gadi

hxbro

Post by hxbro » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:32 pm

I can't believe that fixing some startup scripts requires a whole new version of zend server!

rbzend
Zend Global Support

Post by rbzend » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks to all for patiently waiting.

Addressing the previous comment, we do recommend installing Zend Server 8 - it has many improvements and, despite its beta status, is considered stable for PHP development. We certainly think that people will enjoy the new Zend Server release.

But we also think about our users who can't switch to Zend Server 8 right now. Therefore, we produced a small patch that fixes the startup issue. Please download it from here - http://us-up.zend.com/files/Patch%20Zen ... semite.zip

Note, the patch only fixes the startup problem, it does not start Zend Server. To start Zend Server either reboot the machine or simply run the following commands in the Terminal app:

Code: Select all

$ sudo /usr/local/zend/bin/zendctl.sh start
$ sudo /usr/local/zend/bin/zendctl.sh start-mysql
Roman Basayev
Rogue Wave Support
https://support.roguewave.com/

paul3918

Post by paul3918 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:09 pm

This looks like it could be the cause of the problems I'm seeing. I just installed Zend Server 7 on Yosemite, and ever since then, I've not been able to run any Zend server scripts or connect to it (I just get connection refused).