Warning: The extension is not loaded

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

Warning: The extension is not loaded

Postby fáb8522 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi.

After I updated my MacOS 10.10 to the MacOS 10.10.1, I saw that my local website wasn't opening correctly anymore. So I went to the Zend Server Admin Panel, and I noticed that all the php extensions inside of the Zend Server >> Configuration >> PHP panel were in orange, with a warning saying that they were not loaded.

Ex.: Warning: The extension 'bcmath' is not loaded.

So after a couple hours, I fixed it by uninstalled Zend Server 7, removed all files and references to MySQL and PHP, cleaned it up really good, and installed the Zend Server 8 Beta. All those orange labels were gone, and my local website started to loaded correctly again. (Btw, I am using a ZS Developer's edition).

However, that fix only lasted one or two days. Then, out of the blue, it started to give me the same errors I got with ZS7.

Important notes:
1) I was using the Zend Server 7 for a few months now and it always worked fine.
2) I don't usually turn of the computer, but only put it so sleep.
3) I didn't perform any software or system update during those two days that the ZS was fixed.
4) Now that it is broken again, since the extensions are not loading, I can get the Z-ray to show up.
5) The website seems to load in parts, but apparently it breaks because of the missing extensions.
6) I noticed that some of the Configuration >> Components items are also giving the warning message.

My questions are:
1) How to fix it so it doesn't break again?
2) Why it worked fine for a couple days and then out of the sudden it broke?
Attachments
a2.png
a2.png (260.62 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
a1.png
a1.png (321.18 KiB) Viewed 3007 times
fáb8522

Re: Warning: The extension is not loaded

Postby zvika on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi

I have a feeling that multiple PHP executibles / Apache modules are involved (you got MAMPED?)

Please check phpinfo() output (or the server info in the overview section),
and verify that PHP is using the correct Configuration File (see what is loaded, include dir etc.)

Then, check what appears in PHP error log when you restart PHP (and if restart PHP resolves the modules loading problem).

Let me know what you find out.

BTW - Did you open a support ticket reporting the issue already? I would highly recommend that since this community support forum doesn't come with SLA...
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Postby fáb8522 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I had opened a support ticket.

So, I restarted the server, and the PHP Error Log are basically composed with this statement:

[15-Dec-2014 14:19:06 America/Atikokan] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: zem_extension_info in /usr/local/zend/share/UserServer/zsd_print_extensions.php on line 6

I looked into my php_info and it seems fine. File attached.
Attachments
Zend Server copy.pdf
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 496 times
fáb8522

Postby zvika on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi
Do you have disk space outage on the drive?
Can you spot any empty (zero size) ini files under /usr/local/zend/etc ( and /conf.d ) ?

Thanks for opening a support ticket. Please make sure support tool is run on your Mac and attached to the ticket to have configuration and logs for review.

Thanks
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Postby mist6499 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Same issue. Any conclusion?
mist6499

Return to Zend Server