IDE not detected

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

IDE not detected

Postby cdshaffer on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:11 pm

I am trying to debug a slow request execution error in Zend Server Developer Edition. When I click the IDE actions menu button and select show in IDE, it throws an error. IDE was not detected. Action not completed. I guess I am supposed to add the IDE, but I can't figure out how to do it.
cdshaffer

Re: IDE not detected

Postby yord2090 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 am

Hello dear cdshaffer,

Please be aware that the IDE settings on our latest server version (8.5) are located at Debugging -> Debugger page.
Alternatively if you are using 8.0 you can find them on Configurations -> IDE integration.

What you need to have in mind is that you need to have your debugger component enabled in Zend Server and the "Autodetect IDE settings" option on. These options are usually set in that way by default.
Another thing to keep in mind is to have the IP where your IDE is located in the "Allowed hosts" list. Since usually the browser is opened on the machine where the IDE is running and
the localhost 127.0.0.1 is also set as an allowed host by default this is usually not an issue.

If you are using Zend Studio as your IDE usually debug sessions start successfully out-of-the-box.

Can you please let us know a bit more about your setup - can you confirm for us that you are using Zend Studio and also which version of the Zend Server are you running?
Can you also let us know if the machine where your server GUI is opened is the machine where the IDE is located (which can be handled by setting custom options instead of autodetect IDE settings)?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Yordan
Zend Server QA Team
yord2090

Re: IDE not detected

Postby chielsen on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:33 am

I have the same issue.
Using Zend Server 9 and PhpStorm 2016.2.1

I have Configured phpstorm as:
debug port: 10137
can accept external connections enabled
settings broadcasting port: 20080

When i try to debug in z-ray, i will get this message: cannot detect ide settings
I have enabled the debugger in zend server and allowed all hosts.

I have no clue what the problem is. I also tried disabling my firewall.
chielsen

Return to Zend Server