Error Running Existing WordPress Site In Zend Server

General discussion forum for the Zend Server
jere1462

Error Running Existing WordPress Site In Zend Server

Post by jere1462 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi folks

I've just installed Zend server, including MySQL server as an option and I'm trying to run an existing WordPress site that I was previously running through the WAMP stack.

So I've moved the WP site folder into the htdocs folder in Zend. However when I browse to the site I get:

"Error establishing a database connection"

Presumably I need to configure MySQL for Zend in some way - or perhaps there's some better way to import an existing site into Zend? Any help or pointers to the right docs will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

stij2324

Re: Error Running Existing WordPress Site In Zend Server

Post by stij2324 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:33 pm

Have yuou instaled a separate mysql ?
Do they use the same connection details?

jere1462

Post by jere1462 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:09 am

I checked the option for installing mysql when installing zend server - i'm not sure about the connection details or where to check them

yord2090

Post by yord2090 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:36 am

Hello dear jere1462,

Let me try to assist with configuration.
I am assuming that you use windows environment (please correct me if this is not so) as MySQL server is offered as part of ZS windows installation.

Please note that MySQL server after installation does need to be configured:
Usually the configuration executable can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\MySQL55\bin\MySQLInstanceConfig.exe
There you need to put in an appropriate and secure username and password - you can probably use the ones used in previous database if you can retrieve them.

After that comes the harder part. You will need to recreate your database somehow if your website already has content.
If you still have your previous database you should be able to export the database and then import it in the new MySQL instance.
The phpMyAdmin app offered from the Getting Started page is a great tool to help you with this.

If previously the database was on the same machine where the server was, there could be little need of adjustment - still you should probably check wordpress app configuration files,
which unfortunately I can help little with as I am not too familiar with them in particular - will research into this if need be.
Other than the username and pass the things that are needed should just be that the app is pointing to the correct ZS IP or usually to localhost when the ZS and database are on the same machine,
that port number is 3306 and that nothing is blocking the port.

New Worpress application can be easily deployed, a blank one is also offered with the Zend Server however it will be a blank wordpress environment.
Please try to configure your MySQL instance and get back to us, we will try to get additional assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Yordan
Zend Server QA Team

jere1462

Post by jere1462 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi thanks for your reply. I managed to get a couple of my old sites working, this involved running your executable above (thanks) and copying across data folders and a file called "ibdata1" from my WAMP mysql data folders to the Zend ones, however one of the sites was a multisite and it's not working right I think because Zend is not reading the .htaccess file - are there any options for this?

Also is there a screen in Zend server that lists all the current websites installed, with links?

Cheers

yord2090

Post by yord2090 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:01 pm

Hello,

I have re-checked the situation regarding the .htaccess files and Zend Server on windows environment.
It seems the server is reading the htaccess files as it should be, on windows this happens out-of-the-box as there are no permissions to get in the way
and mod_rewrite is enabled with install.
I do not really see a way that not reading the htaccess should be causing the issue, although anything is possible.
Could it be something else causing the issue?

Could it possible be that the htaccess itself could contain something which was valid for previous environment but is not valid for the zend server environment?

About a page in Zend Server that is containing all installed websites we do have it in the GUI - it is Applications -> Manage Apps tab
Depending on the specific version of ZS you are using, we have had small design changes however you should always see the applications tab.

In order to see your websites inside you will need to use the "define" button in the applications tab.
Only when using Zend deployment then the server can automatically show the application that was installed.

I hope that the information will be helpful,
Yordan
Zend Server QA Team