Zend Server and ISPConfig

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

Zend Server and ISPConfig

Postby ayou4575 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:49 am

Hello everybody.

I am curious if ISPConfig and Zend Server can be made to function side-by-side.
Judging by the lack of viable Internet search results on the subject, I am perhaps the first person in the world to endeavor upon such an ambitious feat. :)
After installing Zend Server 8.0.1, and upon cursory inspection of the overall configuration, filesystem locations, etc., it's clear that it will not be trivial to get ISPConfig and Zend Server to coexist peacefully, never mind "play together nicely".
Has anybody ever tried this? Or is this a pipe-dream?

Thanks for any insights...
ayou4575

Re: Zend Server and ISPConfig

Postby zvika on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:56 pm

It is not supported or tested, and I believe the main problem is configuration conflicts and lack of control on all Zend Services from a 3rd party app (unless you make it integrate by some plugins).

Zend Server 8.0 is old and if you're looking for PHP 5.6 runtime use Zend Server 8.5.latest, or 9.0.latest for PHP 7

Server controllers usually change configuration (and sync it) so with Zend Server trying to run the PHP show, you will need to sync every external change with manual conflict resolving in the Zend Server UI or by using Web API / CLI tools to align the configuration kept in Zend Server. Also virtual hosts are managed by Zend Server deployment feature, and monitoring / APM is available, and many other services enclosed.

I have a feeling that if you disable the web server / PHP modules of ISPConfig, you are still left with some good server controls, and use the Zend Server UI to control PHP runtime.
You might even find the time to write a Zend Server module to ISPConfig using out Web APIs :)

Hope this helps.
I think Super Mario had a pipe-dream, no? :)
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Re: Zend Server and ISPConfig

Postby kang4801 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 am

Pretty good post. I found your website perfect for my needs. Thanks for sharing the great ideas. I liked the article, Ill be back to read more of your blog later =) Thanks for posting it, again!
kang4801

Return to Zend Server