Zend Extensions and Composer

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

Zend Extensions and Composer

Postby mben on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of `zend-cache` and, right now, working on splitting the component into several components to be able to better define dependencies.
For example the APC(u) adapter will be an own component that requires the php extension `ext-apc(u)`.

The problem now are the adapters for Zend Data Cache as the extension names contain not allowed characters.

Error reported by `composer diagnose`:
require.ext-Zend Data Cache : invalid key, package names must be strings containing only [A-Za-z0-9_./-]

Error on trying to install dependencies:
The requested PHP extension ext-zend data cache * has the wrong version (0) installed. Install or enable PHP's zend data cache extension.

I also have filled up a bug report at composer (https://github.com/composer/composer/issues/6167)
but still having whitespaces in an extension name doesn't match naming convention of any extension I know.
Basically all other extensions I know using lower cased extension names only separated by `_`.

Thanks
mben

Re: Zend Extensions and Composer

Postby zvika on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Hello
All Zend modules are space separated, I don't think we will build otherwise for one extension.
PHP handles those module names well, it seems.
Have you talked to MWOP/ZF team about this?
You can open a support ticket, and we will try to route you from there,
however I believe the solution lies in parsing the extension name(s) as they are now.
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team
zvika
Zend Global Support

Return to Zend Server