reset all events on Zend Server

General discussion forum for the Zend Server
mvysoky

reset all events on Zend Server

Post by mvysoky » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:27 am

I am using Zend Server 5 only for developtment. When i end old project and start new, i will clear all monitors data and error events from previous project. I need "reset" Zend Server. :) It is possible? And what all i must do for it? Thanks for all advice.

massimilianoc

Re: reset all events on Zend Server

Post by massimilianoc » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:02 pm

This feature is not contemplated right now, but it is a valuable input.

How would you technically define your 'Reset' button in terms of events, cached object, cache rules, configuration files, etc...?
Best regards,
Massi.

mvysoky

Post by mvysoky » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:35 pm

I need only first level reset - all recent events and code tracing - here are all data about my old errors and problems. I need clear table. No issues when open Dashboard.

jess04

Post by jess04 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 am

Hello,

The ability to remove Monitor events and Code Tracing dumps is being discussed and an implementation is scheduled for future releases.
Monitor Events are stored in /usr/local/zend/var/db/monitor which is an SQLite3 DB. And so, until this feature is shipped, you can either remove the events of choice using SQL statements or simply remove the entire file which will trigger the creation of a new, clean DB.
Code tracing dumps are stored, by default, here: /usr/local/zend/var/codetracing

Note that the paths specified assume you're using Linux, for Windows, the principle is the same but the paths are different.

Thanks for your feedback, please let me know should you have further questions,
May the source be with you,

Jess Portnoy

ericovasconcelos

Post by ericovasconcelos » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:33 pm

And on a clustered environment? How may we clean the MySql records for Code Tracing without break the database?

stij2324

Post by stij2324 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:29 pm

Indead this would be a nice feature.
An even extra option for that new option is that it should be doaable by the cli with a command.

ericovasconcelos

Post by ericovasconcelos » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:08 pm

It is actually doable using zs-client.phar to get the Code Tracing list and clear one by one.

But considering the amount of data in the database it is not an option when you get a huge number of events.

I saw that there is some sql scripts in share folder that creates the mysql tables. If we could know for sure which tables to truncate to delete the CodeTracing records in the database without messing up the relationships it would help a lot.