SSH2 for Zend Server?

General discussion forum for the Zend Server
chetzel

SSH2 for Zend Server?

Post by chetzel » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi there,

are there any plans to deliver SSH2 with Zend Server? Especially with PHP5.3 exist some issues - as far as I have come with this topic.

We need comfortable access via SSH (SFTP) and don't want to compile and install SSH2 manually. The most convenient way I found so far is to use http://phpseclib.sourceforge.net/, which is native PHP and in alpha state!

Any hints? Protocol wrappers?

Regards, Carsten

kentatzend

Re: SSH2 for Zend Server?

Post by kentatzend » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking for exactly. Are you asking for PHP extension to allow you to access SSH2 servers or are you asking if a Zend Serer can be access via SSH2?

shahar

Post by shahar » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi,

Right now there are no plans to provide the ssh2 extension with Zend Server, however, at least on Linux and Mac, it should be fairly easy to build this extension yourself using pecl, provided that you have the libssh2 development headers installed and the right build tools.

I was personally able to build this extension on both Linux and Mac OS X, so it is clearly possible.

BTW our decision on which extensions to include is based on general stability of the extension and public demand. So far we haven't got much demand for this extension. If this changes in the future, we may reconsider.

Shahar.
Shahar Evron <shahar.e@zend.com>
Product Manager, Zend Technologies

chetzel

Post by chetzel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:30 pm

shahar wrote: Right now there are no plans to provide the ssh2 extension with Zend Server, however, at least on Linux and Mac, it should be fairly easy to build this extension yourself using pecl, provided that you have the libssh2 development headers installed and the right build tools.
That's true if you have control over your server environment. In many companies - like ours - servers are administrated by a different department. Installing (and maintaining) software apart from the usual packet manager based stack often results in an administrative overhead - sad, but true.
shahar wrote: BTW our decision on which extensions to include is based on general stability of the extension and public demand. So far we haven't got much demand for this extension. If this changes in the future, we may reconsider.
I hereby solemnly declare myself demander of SSH2! ;-)

Regards, Carsten

shahar

Post by shahar » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi,

I understand your need, and will take your request into account. Unfortunately right now there's nothing more I can promise.

Best Regards,

Shahar.
Shahar Evron <shahar.e@zend.com>
Product Manager, Zend Technologies

urkman

Post by urkman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Hello shahar,

you said, that you build the extension on Mac. I tried it my self, but it is not working for me.
When I build the extension using 64-bit, it was OK, but is is not beeing loaded.
When I build the extension using 32-bit, I get an error asking for libssh2 => 0.4.

Perhaps you can give us a hint to compile it :-)

Greetings,
Urkman