Zend Server Mac. View work on iPad via Localhost. Can't find

General discussion forum for the Zend Server

Zend Server Mac. View work on iPad via Localhost. Can't find

Postby anth8123 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Greetings,
I have to support a developer/designer thursday who has installed Zend server (Mac) to use localhost to view his Apps on his iPad. This is WAY out of my skill set (i am mainly a digital audio/Mac tech) but I really want to figure this out.
Safari cannot find server and returns this error message: Safari can’t open the page “http://xx.xxx.xx” because Safari can’t connect to the server “xx.x.xxx.xx”. I don't know where to start or what to read to fix this issue.
How would one approach this issue?

Thank You In Advance! to anyone that helps in ANY way.

TT
anth8123

Re: Zend Server Mac. View work on iPad via Localhost. Can't

Postby yonman on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am

Hey Anth

Thanks for using Zend Server (or thank your dev buddy for us).
The "Can't open page" error means there's a communications' problem from the ipad to the webserver at xx.xxx.xx. This can be a network issue or a connectivity problem ...
I'd recommend you try to access ZS from another computer, see if there's any difference. Make sure that Zend Server's webserver is actually active (in our bin directory, you have a few scripts to help you with that).

Good luck
"It's only hubris if I fail" - Gaius Julius Caesar
yonman

Postby anth8123 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Yonman,
Thank you very much for your help. I will try to access it from another machine. I will look for those scripts and surely take them with me. Is there a tutorial or manual that covers this aspect of setup (on a Mac) at all? I don't mind studying up but I don't know what to read. I looked at the manuals but could not find help for this particular task.

Thanks Again for your time.

I will thank all of the developers as the entire departments wants to do this now. I am excited AND quite nervous.
Is there anyone (Mac friendly) at Zend I can pay for about 10 minutes of their time to answer some questions.

Regards,
Anth~
anth8123

Postby coffear on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:09 am

You could always ask the questions on here. Some of us users are also mac users. Currently have Zend Server on my Macbook Air.
coffear

Postby hire8061 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:26 am

Good informative text. I found your forums by accident, just thought I'd let you know that you have some really good info on here.
hire8061

Postby harr4297 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 am

Good informative text. It might helpful for every one!
harr4297

Return to Zend Server