Zend PHP Certification Study Guide

General discussion on certification and training programs
grze8513

Zend PHP Certification Study Guide

Post by grze8513 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:12 am

Has anyone bought the Zend PHP Certification Study Guide? How many pages it has? Does it only contain the same tests or information about important exam's subjects too?

Regards
Grzesiek

mela1724

Re: Zend PHP Certification Study Guide

Post by mela1724 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:25 pm

You can use the popular Zend PHP 5 Certification Study Guide that provides the most comprehensive and thorough preparation tool for developers who wish to take the exam. This edition has 3 new chapters, and over 80 pages of new content, covering new features added in PHP 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5 including namespaces, traits, variadics, generators, closures, and callbacks.

Przemek

Re: Zend PHP Certification Study Guide

Post by Przemek » Thu May 17, 2018 11:26 am

I have just bought Zend Certified Engineer Exam Study Guide, and I want to share my opinion about it.

I am a Zend Certfified Enginner who have already took and passed an exam with PHP 5.
Now I wanted to update my knowledge and certificate to the current PHP version, so I bought book "Zend Certified Engineer Exam Study Guide”.

Comparing to the previous book ZEND PHP 5 Certification Study Guide by Davey Shafik and Ben Ramsey, I am truly and deeply disappointed by the new book for PHP 7.

I just opened and screened the newly bought book to see that:

1. Content in all chapters is as short as it could possibly be (too short!). There is no elaborated content to study, only the short recaps that I would expect as a summary, not a book to study!
2. Typesetting is horrible. All letters capitalized, it’s hard to read.
3. Navigation is broken. There is literally no navigation in PDF file, so it’s impossible to jump into the chapter I would like to start studying.
4. Images and screenshots are in terrible quality. It’s hard to see what’s written on the screenshots published in book.

To sum up, I’m deeply disappointed by the book and what happened with PHP exam since version 5.
When I bought a book to study PHP 5 for certification, I felt like I did a good thing and bought a good book to study from.

Now I feel like I bought a bunch of HTML pages published in PDF format with summarized PHP knowledge, something totally different than I would expect from such professional organization as Zend.

There is a lot of materials on the web that is far better than this study guide.