Zend Data Cache failed to attach

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i
edweigel

Zend Data Cache failed to attach

Post by edweigel » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:08 pm

I modified the zend_datacache.shm.memory_cache_size from 2 MBytes to 128 MBytes. After restarting PHP the php-cgi.bin jobs under QHTTPSVR just seemed to be looping. I let them run for 15 minutes or so while they consumed 90%+ of the CPU. I ended up uninstalling ZendServer and reinstalling it. Now I can't seem to get the cache size to change to anything other than what I originally changed it to.

Error message: Could not initialize Zend Data Cache: Failed to attach to an existing Shared Memory (ZShmStorage) but with different size. Existing: 134217728 => New: 4194304

I was trying to set it to 4 MBytes, but the 128 MBytes is still lingering. If I change the value back to 128 then I get the looping issue again. How can I reset this back to 2 or 4? I've tried the option 9. Reset Zend Server environment without success. Thanks.
Attachments
zendsvrcache.JPG
Screen shot of error message
zendsvrcache.JPG (11.32 KiB) Viewed 3023 times

zend_i5

Re: Zend Data Cache failed to attach

Post by zend_i5 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:10 pm

The R&D is looking into this issue.
As for changing to 4 MBytes from 128 MBytes, you need to stop Apache and all daemons in ZENGSRV subsystem. Run option "9 Reset Zend Server environment" in Zend Server for IBM i Setup Menu (GO ZENDSVR/ZSMENU). Start daemons and Apache.

edweigel

Post by edweigel » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:28 pm

I've tried ending Apache and ZendServer subsystem, running the option 9. Reset Zend Server environment and I still receive the error after starting the jobs.

edweigel

Post by edweigel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Just an update: we've IPL'd the system last weekend for maintenance and since then haven't had this error. I haven't tried changing it's value to another value since it is working.