PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library

General discussion on PHP
paul5288

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library

Post by paul5288 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:56 pm

Has anyone else come across this repeated issue in their error logs? Mine is full of these two lines repeated (over 900,000 counts in just over a month):

Code: Select all

[15-Jan-2016 08:18:27 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4 .lin' - /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4 .lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[15-Jan-2016 08:18:29 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick .so' - /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick .so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Does anyone know how you would go about fixing it?

I did a search for imagick .so and came across Zend. I have the following lines at the end of my php.ini file:

Code: Select all

;[Zend]
;zend_loader.enable=1
; Disable license checks (for performance reasons)
;zend_loader.disable_licensing=0
; The Obfuscation level supported by Zend Guard Loader. The levels are detailed in the official Zend Guard Documentation. 0 - no obfuscation is enabled
;zend_loader.obfuscation_level_support=3
zend_extension = "/opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ZendGuardLoader .so"
;extension=pdo .so
;extension=pdo_sqlite .so
;extension=sqlite .so
;extension=pdo_mysql .so
extension=imagick .so
;extension=magickwand .so
extension="ixed.5.4 .lin"
Any help is appreciated :)

Note: I have added a space between the filename and .so or .lin as I am unable to post what the forum is picking up as links. They're not intended to be URLs, I just needed to copy across the code.

zvika
Zend Global Support

Re: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library

Post by zvika » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:53 am

Hi
From your report, its 99% obvious you are not familiar with the history of this PHP runtime setup, and those might look to you like required modules.

So first - its not a Zend related issue, the part "[zend]" seems to me an extra php.ini section to load Guard Loader for PHP 5.4 and run encoded application.
Next - you can comment out those lines so PHP will not try to load them on start.
Lastly, you can do a check for the extensions and fill them up if the application needs them, but first, try to comment those directive lines and see if PHP log shows any missing imagick or ixed module functions.
Hope this helps!
Zvika Dror
Zend Support Team