Licensing Studio plugin in RDP

General discussion on Zend Studio for IBM System i
v2ctgdar

Licensing Studio plugin in RDP

Post by v2ctgdar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:22 pm

I work in IBM PartnerWorld for ISVs iSeries Technical Support - we help ISVs develop software for resale and resolve technical problems. I'd like to learn to use the Zend Studio plugin for Rational Developer for Power (RDP) as more and more ISVs begin to develop PHP applications, but I'm having trouble with the licensing. IBM i users are supposed to get a free copy of Zend Studio and while my team 'owns' several systems, we don't get all the CDs and DVDs that normally come with a new system. I downloaded and installed a copy of the plugin, but keep getting a message about the trial license expiring in x days.

A presentation by Sabrina Kahn and Mike Pavlak od Zend titled "Getting Started with PHP on IBM i" says on page 24 "Zend.com with QSRLNBR to license product". That's a pretty big search target, and I haven't been able to find any place on the site to register my copy. The PHP perspective of RDP offers Help > Register ... which brings up a window , but it won't accept the Serial Number of one of my systems.

Can any of the people who got the DVDs with their system tell me what you did to register? Thanks!

aseiden

Re: Licensing Studio plugin in RDP

Post by aseiden » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:19 pm

See if there's a menu option:
Help -> Get a license

Alan

v2ctgdar

Post by v2ctgdar » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Alan, sorry - forgot to put that in my question. Yes, 'Get license' the first thing I tried. It takes you to the 'PHP Solutions for IBM i' page where your only choices are to buy the server for $5-7K or three training classes.

aseiden

Post by aseiden » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:38 pm

If Help -> Get a license does not work, try this link:
http://www.zend.com/en/products/studio/for-i5os/license

Alan

v2ctgdar

Post by v2ctgdar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:24 pm

You're a miracle worker, Alan! I don't know where you found that link, but two of have been looking for it for weeks and asking everyone in IBM we could find! Thanks.

For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread, the final step is:
The email from Zend will contain this information:
Registration Name/Transaction number:
License Key:

In the Studio (or PHP Perspective if you installed the plugin to RDP), Help > Register… brings up a window. While the text at the top says you need a ‘user name’ and the first input field asks for an ‘Order #’, you actually use the ‘Registration Name/Transaction number’ from the email. The second input field is actually labeled 'License key'!