Zend Studio within WDSC

General discussion on Zend Studio for IBM System i
interstarna

Zend Studio within WDSC

Post by interstarna » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Can Zend Studio for Eclipse be installed within WDSC(7.0.0.8) as a plugin? I've tried several times to install and I keep getting errors when going through Help/Software Updates/Find and Install. I've tried to get the Ganymede stuff and it won't let me get that too. It says I'm missing various updates. I'm thinking this won't work with in WDSC, only the basic Eclipse.

kentatzend

Re: Zend Studio within WDSC

Post by kentatzend » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

I think thee migth be a Eclipse Version mismatch between WDSC and Studio. What Eclipse Version if WDSC based on?

interstarna

Post by interstarna » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:17 pm

How can I find out what Eclipse version the WDSC is based on?? When I go to the "Help About" section, it only gives me info on what version WDSC is? Can I find out the version through WDSC?

jjcllhn

Post by jjcllhn » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 pm

You can find the Eclipse version by using the About [product name] option on the Help menu. Press the Feature Details button, and scroll down the feature name list until you see 'Eclipse Platform'.

WDSC v7 is built on Eclipse V3.2. Zend Studio for Eclipse i5 (v6.1.2) is built on Eclipse v3.4. I don't believe you will be able to mix those 2 into one IDE.

If you don't want to go to RDi as a replacement for WDSC, you might want to look at RPGNextgen (http://www.rpgnextgen.com/index.php?content=editor).

chrisklinton

Post by chrisklinton » Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 am

Is it able to provide me information on what version WDSC? I want that....