Auto-Complete no longer works

General discussion on Zend Studio for IBM System i
mlavinder

Auto-Complete no longer works

Post by mlavinder » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Every time a prompt for auto complete now I get a "No Completions Available" message. Many of these are apps where I used auto-complete not long ago. It seems like auto-complete has just stopped working. What is going on?

kentatzend

Re: Auto-Complete no longer works

Post by kentatzend » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:07 pm

We'd have to have a bit more information. Did you upgrade recently? Did anything change?

mlavinder

Post by mlavinder » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Not really. I did add the "AnyEdit" Eclipse plug in not long ago, but I doubt that has anything to do with it as the problem did not start as soon as I added the plug-in. It seemed to start when I created my most recent project, and there isn't anything different about it. It is a rather large project thinks to the library. But, the thing is, it doesn't matter if I even have that project open. I don't get auto complete for ANYTHING. Not even standard PHP functions.

By the way, I created a new workspace and left AnyEdit and Aptana enabled and over there auto-complete works fine. This old workspace seems to have been corrupted and I don't know how. Is there a recommendation of how many projects should be in a single workspace? Is it OK to have 20-30 projects in a single workspace?

kentatzend

Post by kentatzend » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:12 pm

It should not really matter how many project you have in a workspace. However, there is some implication on performance that is related to how many project you have open. Obviously each project open takes up more memory, etc. So if it makes sense to partition your workspaces somehow it's not going to hurt.