cpc2206

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i
rdxwkpr

cpc2206

Post by rdxwkpr » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Using IBM i at 7.1 Zend Server 7.0 with hot fix one.

Getting spool files with this outptut: CPC2206: Ownership of object QZSHSYSTEM in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.

Anybody know how to stop this?

aseiden

Re: cpc2206

Post by aseiden » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:06 pm

If the extra spool file gets created when you use i5_spool_list() then I know of a fix. Let me know.

Alan

aseiden

Post by aseiden » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:55 pm

I'll just tell you. Try this "test" version of the PHP Toolkit, 1.6.1. It has a fix for cpc2206 and will also finish reading a list of spool files much faster than 1.5.0 did when using i5_spool_list (CW).
http://www.youngiprofessionals.com/wiki ... kitTesting
and look for:
*New, active test versions*
Zip file from Github: https://github.com/zendtech/IbmiToolkit ... /1.6.1.zip

Try and please report back here.

Alan

bpcs7146

Post by bpcs7146 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:31 am

I will be curious to know if it 1.6.1 help? I tried it (zendsvr 6.3) and it does not help me. Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance.

bpcs7146

Post by bpcs7146 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:53 am

Just to add I am using GetSPLF function.

bpcs7146

Post by bpcs7146 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:41 am

I finally can get something to do though it took sometime to realise this was more of iSeries error. GETSPLF basicaly uses CPYSPLF command and in my case it was failing. I have to 're-create' ZSF255 file using 1 line source to say as we are dbcs database. Some documentation help could be better...

A R ZSF255
A ZSF255 255O TEXT('ZSF255')

The CPC2206 error seems to have vanished for now. But I ran into one more scenario where it keep adding this QPRINT spool with CPC2206 message and scenario was like this,
Page 1 --> List of spool files - Spool file name is hyper link and clicking on it takes to second page (same tab) where spool is displayed on screen as html page.
Page 2 --> It have a back submit page which takes back to previous page 1. Whenever its clicked CPC2206 spool is created.

I am not really sure what's wrong I was doing. I could finally overcome error by opening the hyperlink in new tab than same tab.

Appreciate reply if anyone have gone through same.

moellenbdoorcounty

Post by moellenbdoorcounty » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:02 pm

CPC2206: Ownership of object QZSHSYSTEM in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.

We are also getting a one-page spool file at least once per minute with this single error message.
We are not doing any spool-related commands in the application.

Looking for suggestions on how/where to troubleshoot this to figure out the cause.

Since these "reports" are going to the system printer queue PRT01 it is a real problem in that we have had to ENDWTR and re-route the good stuff to a different queue and STRPRTWTR to that other queue to avoid getting literally hundreds of these one line reports. Have tried CHGJOB, CHGUSRPRF and CHGJOBD on everything that seems related in an attempt to at least route them to an inactive queue until we can solve the problem, but with no success.

scottgcampbell

Post by scottgcampbell » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Could you do a CHGPRTF on the print file that is being used to change it to hold *YES or change the OUTQ to something that is easier to keep track of and clear daily until you can find the cause of the spoolfiles (possibly easier than moving everything else - unless it is QPRINT or something similar )?

Are you using the XMLTOOLKIT? It uses userspaces for quite a few things besides spoolfilies.

formaserve

Post by formaserve » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:52 am

Alan, will that fix help with my error (posted on the XML toolkit forum)?

Having a problem with the ->GetSPLF method. it does not return any data even though I can debug the parameters being passed & on a green screen input those values to DSPSPLF.

My script is the example of ->GetSPLF from the Zend documentation at http://files.zend.com/help/Zend-Server- ... ethods.htm

Nothing showing in the toolkit debug file, but Z-ray is showing a bad response error.
In the PHP.log the only entry is :
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 31559680 bytes) in /usr/local/zendsvr6/gui/module/DevBar/views/dev-bar/web-api/1x9/dev-bar-get-custom-data.pjson.phtml on line

Cheers
Andy Youens

moellenbdoorcounty

Post by moellenbdoorcounty » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:02 am

Scott,
Sorry for the delay in responding. For some reason I was temporarily locked out of Posting on the Forum.

I have not resolved the problem of the spool files being created, but was able to route them away from the active print queue.
It was not practical to change the print file as it is using QPRINT, which is used so many places. ANd changing the jobs that I thought were the source of the spool files made no difference, becasue I think the job is somehow this QPRTJOB pre-start job that is somehow involved in generating the spool file, not the actual application job. In the end it took three steps. First I created a temporary, inactive output queue for this purpose of receiving these spool files. Next was to change the output queue on the user profile that is identified on the spool files. This did not immediately solve the rerouting.. Then a lengthy search on the web turned up a reference to a data area QUSRSYS/QPRTJOB. It is a one-byte logical. I changed the logical from "0" to "1". If I understand correctly, this flag tells the QPRTJOB job whether to route the output to the Job's output Queue or to the User's output queue. Apparently the TRUE "1" setting routes to the User's output queue, and that data area change immediately started routing these spool files to the new inactive output queue. Then I can set up a step in the night-run to clear that inactive queue.

But as mentioned above, I still have no idea yet how to stop these spool files all together. But at least now they are not pouring out on the system printer. I have found references on how to reroute "STDOUT" and "ERROUT" output to a temporary "log" file when issuing an individual command in the UNIX shell, and have successfully tested that. But no light yet on how to reroute "STDOUT" and "ERROUT" globally, or whether that is even possible.

Will keep looking and will post if I come up with anything.

Thanks again for your reply.

Bob