Can I install ZendCore and ZendServer ?

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i
hnagao

Can I install ZendCore and ZendServer ?

Post by hnagao » Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 am

hi,

My question is very simple but it is very important for me.
Can I install ZendCore for i and ZendServer for i into the single IBM i server ? And Can i use them at the same time?
In order to test and migrate my PHP's contents from ZendCore to ZendServer, I want to use ZendCore and ZendServer on the same IBM i server at the same time. Is it possible ?

darkluke980

Re: Can I install ZendCore and ZendServer ?

Post by darkluke980 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:09 am

Yes. You can!

This is my WRKLICPGM:

1ZCORE5 V5R3M0 Zend Core for IBM i5/OS (2.6.1)
2ZSVRPI V5R4M0 Zend Server for IBM i 5.0.1 ( PHP 5.3 )

obviously, they work on different port.

Bye

Luca

chris_hird

Post by chris_hird » Tue May 25, 2010 4:59 pm

It depends on what you mean can I use them at the same time? In Zend Core you had to set up the PASE HTTP server connections within your server config files, in Zend Server you set up the FastCGI port within the server config. The technologies are different and a single website cannot have both configured at the same time, but different websites can choose which method to use so you can have both technologies in use at the same time.

Chris.,.,.
Shield Advanced Solutions Ltd
Home of JobQGenie and the Receiver Apply Program
http://www.shield.on.ca/Blog

hnagao

Post by hnagao » Wed May 26, 2010 8:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to install and test.

strysd

Post by strysd » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 am

I find additional infomation.

If You install Zend Core for i5/OS after Zend Server for IBM i , You would find Zend Server for IBM i are broken.

Actually, most objects in ZENDSVR library would disappear, so I can not run the command, GO ZENDSVR/ZSMENU in this case.
And You would find no infomation about the Zend Server for IBM i under the command GO LICPGM - 10. Display LICPGM.

If You install Zend Server for IBM i after Zend Core for i5/OS, it might become good.

I hope it could be helpful for You.

strysd

Post by strysd » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:19 am

I find newer information more.

When I uninstalled Zend Core for i5/OS from my V5R4 machine, I found the LICPGM information of Zend Server for IBM i and ZENDSVR library was detroyed.

Therefore, You would meet difficulty if You want to remove Zend Core for i5/OS after installing Zend Server for IBM i.
Because Zend Server for IBM i would needs re-install.

I hope it could help You.

Satoru Yoshida

scubaticus

Post by scubaticus » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 am

When this is true, it looks like Zend did no good job creating the licence programms. Normally, when writing licence programs, every object belonging to that licence program should be tagged with the right info (to which licpgm it belongs for example).

In the past I had problems with ZendCore and Zend advised me to delete en reinstall the licence program..... (on an iSeries .....) Probably they have never heard of the command CHKPRDOPT. I even wonder if they know the iSeries at all or just recompile things on an AIX and port it to the iSeries.

zend_i5

Post by zend_i5 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:23 pm

strysd wrote:I find newer information more.

When I uninstalled Zend Core for i5/OS from my V5R4 machine, I found the LICPGM information of Zend Server for IBM i and ZENDSVR library was detroyed.

Therefore, You would meet difficulty if You want to remove Zend Core for i5/OS after installing Zend Server for IBM i.
Because Zend Server for IBM i would needs re-install.

I hope it could help You.

Satoru Yoshida
Zend Core and Zend Server are different LPs which have their own set of libraries and directories. Uninstalling Zend Core should not have any affect on Zend Server libraries. It seems to me that Zend Core you have is Japanese version which was not localized by Zend and it might have some packaging problem. So far IBM Rochester and thousands of IBM i users did not have any problem installing and running Zend Server along with Zend Core.

strysd

Post by strysd » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:46 am

Hi, all,
I tried reproduction to confirm this issue.

Result is:
Zend Core for i5/OS Ver. 2.6.1 : No Problem.
Zend Core for i5/OS Ver. 2.0.1 : Same Problem are reproduced.

In my previous comment, I forgot to write version carelessly. The version that I installed last time is Ver. 2.0.1.
So, I correct my comment like as following;
You would meet difficulty if You want to remove old version of Zend Core for i5/OS after installing Zend Server for IBM i.

I hope it could be helpful for You.
Satoru Yoshida

zend_i5

Post by zend_i5 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Like I said in my previous post, the problem in question has occurred when uninstalling Zend Core 2.0.1 which is Japanese localized version.