Jobqueue daemon and more than one ZendServer Instance

General discussion on Zend Server for IBM System i
gfroehlich

Jobqueue daemon and more than one ZendServer Instance

Post by gfroehlich » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 pm

I'd like to install two Zend Server instances for different IP's. One for developing and testing and one for production environment. As I found in this forum it should work with an adaption in fastcgi.conf.

But what's about the jobs in the subsystem ZENDSVR? The Job queue daemon and the monitoring. Is this only one needed or is it necessary to have one set of jobs per HTTP Server Instance?

thanks Gabriel

zend_i5

Re: Jobqueue daemon and more than one ZendServer Instance

Post by zend_i5 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Currentl Zend Server version does not support multiple process of Zend components instances such as Monitor, JobQ an Data Cache.

kentatzend

Post by kentatzend » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Multiple instances of Zend Server or Zend Server CE in a single LPAR is not supported and does not work properly. It is something we may look at for the future but there is no projected date for that support (before you ask).

BTW you mention that elsewhere in the forum you found an indication that this was possible. I can't seem to find that do you know where you saw it?

aseiden

Post by aseiden » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:03 am

Kent, thank you for the clear information.

So far, the "no multiple instances in an LPAR" problem has prevented me from upgrading some of my clients to Zend Server.

I have a couple of alternative ideas. Can I:
  • Run multiple virtual hosts in a single Zend Server instance?
    Run Zend Core and Zend Server in the same LPAR?
Thanks!
Alan

zend_i5

Post by zend_i5 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:28 am

Alan,
There is no problem to run multiple virtual hosts in a single Zend Server instance and run Zend Core and Zend Server in the same LPAR.

aseiden

Post by aseiden » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks!

Now that I know it's safe to do, I'll set up a new Zend Server instance to run in parallel with Zend Core.

I'll use virtual hosts in that Zend Server config.

In the future I would like to be able to set up multiple Zend Server instances so that I can test/start/stop each independently. However, it's good to know that I can proceed with virtual hosts & Zend Server in parallel with Zend Core.

Regards,
Alan

erich_hieden

Post by erich_hieden » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:08 pm

kentatzend wrote:...
BTW you mention that elsewhere in the forum you found an indication that this was possible. I can't seem to find that do you know where you saw it?
I think he was misunderstanding chris_hird and me discussing multiple apache instances.

Erich